MMO before 2600 mile trip - Toyota 3MZFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP here, thanks for the input and usual MMO debate..

I ended up heading out without any additives in the crankcase or gas tank. I bought the van with 150k miles, one owner but no records. I do believe it was maintained regularly due to the overall condition of the vehicle, and good UOA's.

That said, I'd like to pull the front valve cover and if there is any varnish or cleanup needed. If so I'll do an MMO treatment with progression photos. I have plenty of oil and filters to use in the trial. (In signature)

I thought I might try MMO in the crankcase on the trip home to perform some cleaning before draining, but without before/after photos, it's anyone's guess what the MMO did. I'd like to use the opportunity (of a dirty engine) to document what some of these additives do.

Here we are at the rental neighborhood :
florida1.JPG

Illinois iPass next to the Florida Sunpass sticker. Despite them telling you it needs to be STUCK to the windshield to function, mine is taped there and it worked fine.

florida2.JPG

We got 20mpg to Effingham, IL. 23mpg Effingham to Murfreesboro, TN. 24mpg from Murfreesboro to Macon, GA. (Haven't filled up to calculate the final MPG.) Seems like the fuel got better as we headed south. Perhaps no winter blend down here?

Originally Posted By: e40
Seems like the fuel got better as we headed south. Perhaps no winter blend down here?

It's gravity pulling you down the map

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I'm getting ready to drive the car tonight to Detroit and back (a 500 mile round trip) and I jusst added a quart of MMO to my crankcase.

[...]

I just paid $14,000 for this car. I'm a chemist. This is the decision I made.

Phishin- stating your qualifications is not the same as demonstrating them. I would be interested to know specifically how your background in chemistry influenced your decision to use MMO. Feel free to get technical with the chemistry.

@Dave5358- how do you citrus-clean the cat? I haven't heard of this. I used seafoam recently and I think it may have clogged up my cat a bit. By the way, I like your posts on MMO. I also find the stuff to be effective.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
If you want to put it in go right ahead. But why?

You don't *need* it. It isn't going to do anything that your 5K oil changes haven't

Skip it and enjoy the trip.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back