This makes me smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, was hoping to find a product that I could pick up locally vs. having to order something.

By ordering you can get better stuff than you can find in the store(s) and if you look for deals not spend a whole lot more, either. Order today (from a place like detailersdomain.com) and you'll have it before the weekend, I can't imagine anyone wants to do an engine bay and wash a car by hand in Conn. this afternoon!

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Nice!

What is that orange thing above (in back of) the "V"

yo, that's the v-tech kicking in

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I will not even try to do this anymore with my engine, since it is almost impossible to keep water from getting under the intake, into the valley cover, and shorting/destroying the knock sensors/pigtail, just not worth the OCD creds (ASK me HOW I know.
frown.gif
).

Gm LS engine trucks are the worst since the foam blocks between the intake manifold and valley cover actually traps water and dirt. Apparently they didn't see the gaps near the manifold ports where dirt and water will go in, but the foam blocks won't let them out. I tend to wash trucks engines religiously and doing that greeted me a P0332 2 days later since the last engine wash.

I took off the foam blocks and completely sealed the knock sensor holes (RTV on the new KS harness also) and built the dam thing around the openings and now I can pressure wash the engine without worries.

I like my trucks engine squeaky clean.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back