how to xchange 19" wheels for 17's Infiniti EX35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2011 Infiniti EX35 with only 13,000 miles on it. I really want to exchange the 19 inch wheels and tires on this car for the 17 inchers that they used prior to 2011 but cannot find any cost effective way to do it. Can't find any place willing to do any type of trade-in even on just the wheels. Since cost is definitely a huge factor here (we just bought my wife a new car as well), if money is an issue, should I wait till the tires are worn out and then try to sell or exchange the wheels? All thoughts and input will be highly appreciated. The reason I want to do this is that based on the test drive of a 2010 with 17 inch wheels, the ride was a lot better and the noise from the tires was a lot less with the smaller tires. However, the only Infiniti EX we could find in Kansas City that had decent mileage and a good price was a 2011 with the 19" wheels.

Craigslist or the junkyard.

Of course, you may even be able to find other Infiniti/Nissan wheels of the same size, bolt pattern, and offset as the pre-11 EX35 wheels. It is very common for automakers to have many wheels that are interchangeable between other cars they make, often across a wide range of years too.

Since money is an issue.....the tires you have on it now are free. Use them, and while doing so save up for your 17" tires and wheels. Then, when your 19 inchers are worn out, just order and put on the new rubber (already paid for) and sell the wheels on CL or anywhere else. Easy peasy.

You may need to get the speedometer recalibrated i don't know for sure but it may be something to look into. PM Capriracer he would know.

You might just have to buy them, ebay, craigslist, etc, then when you have the car rolling on the new wheels and tires, sell the 19s.

Make sure the 17s fit. Could be a brake change/upgrade that makes the 17" wheels a no-go on this car.

Tire Rack seems to think that 17" wheels did not come on any version of an EX35. If so, then you'll have to find aftermarket 17" wheels - if you want to go that way. It would pay to check this out thoroughly to make sure, because this could get quite expensive.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone for all the info. I appreciate it. You guys have pointed me in several directions I would have never thought of, which is what I was hoping for.

That's interesting that Tire Rack thinks that but they're wrong. Most, if not all, of the EX's from '08 through '10 came with 17 inch wheels.

As pointed out, brakes could be different on your model year. Try a fit before you buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back