Funny piece on USA Soccer World Cup "Uniforms"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the idiot writing this thing had a bit of pride in his work. He would have read up on things. And he would know that you do not become offside by runing by the defender's. You become offside when you are behind the defender's before a pass against goal is made.

The writer is extremely ignorant, but I doubt many of his readers will notice that
whistle.gif

For what it's worth, I don't think much of the uniform either.

All the author did, basically, was paraphrase several people who did not approve of the uniform.

1) These uniforms (Olympic, World Cup etc.) come and go. Some will invariably miss. Others will hit.

2) I do not subscribe to the notion that every one of these event uniforms must include "stars and stripes". In that vein, I think there are time when the American flag-as well as flags of other countries-is overused sometimes to the point of disrespect. Grass stains on the flag? I don't think so.

3) Also, when the USA gets beaten by Slobovia in the first round, do you really want the hodgepodge of forlorn, unshaven athletes wearing the US flag?

4) It's red, white and blue. It's just fine. AND if it echoes any country's flag at all it's Hollands. Their flag is at least horizontally laid out as opposed to France's, which is vertically laid out.

5) In the same spirt (jocular) of the suggestion that baseball should have 3 pitchers (to help move it along), soccer should have the center 60 yards removed from the field. Little in this world is as boring as watching macho guys kicking a ball back and forth across 'center field'. Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back