Impressive hill climb for a Forester...

Status
Not open for further replies.
While not a true off-roader, definitely can hold it's own and is a step above most SUV/CUV's.

hes on subaruforester.com

there are a few more videos..
I think stock + AT tires.

I would have been cringing at rocker panel meets rock... but it didn't happen :)(afaik)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
hes on subaruforester.com

there are a few more videos..
I think stock + AT tires.

I would have been cringing at rocker panel meets rock... but it didn't happen :)(afaik)

Oh ok, thanks.

Rand, do you think you could do that in a MT Forester? That would be a good test.

X-Mode would be good in that situation.

Nice on the Foz! And, kudos to the driver for having faith in his machine that it could tackle that climb.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
do fluids in the vehicle handle this type of grade?

I was wondering the same thing, would the oil pickup suck air?

I believe an overlooked aspect with Subaru is the symmetrical aspect to their AWD, but also the low center of gravity from the flat boxer engine. It makes a difference and that is often why you see Subarus going places that surprise many people.

I've got the ground clearance, wheel base, etc in my 2014 XV, but with the 5spd manual, you'd be enveloped in burning clutch smell in a hurry. 1st gear is too high and there's obviously no low-range.

Originally Posted By: JTK
I've got the ground clearance, wheel base, etc in my 2014 XV, but with the 5spd manual, you'd be enveloped in burning clutch smell in a hurry. 1st gear is too high and there's obviously no low-range.

The video I posted above features smoking clutch galore. My'12 Foz is one of the few vehicles I've owned with an auto trans that I liked driving.

Mike B

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Skeet6
I enjoyed watching this one, (older foz, though).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gw1nNdEVPf8
The comments are almost as entertaining as the video.
Mike B

lol I've seen this one. That poor clutch. He said on the Forester forum he would much rather have had the auto. He said with the auto it would have been much easier.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
I wonder what kind of lease deal he worked out?

ROFLMAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back