A thumbs up for Fluid Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some nasty rust on suspension areas and whatnot under the back of my car. Last fall I got under it and scraped off what I could and applied Fluid Film. I just checked it and where I applied the Fluid Film the rust was held in check. The Fluid Film was still there and still tacky. I'm impressed, it held up well over the winter.

No, I don't own Fluid Film stock or anything, just thought I'd share.

I love that stuff...my problem is it is hard to find locally. One John Deere dealer I've bought it from by the gallon in the past no longer carries it and claims to never have carried it!

Where do you purchase Fluid Film?

I need to coat the frame of the 1999 S-10 my dad left me after his recent death.

Molakule..I got a can from Autozone. Maybe I just got a bad batch but that stuff was runny like water and is leaking out of my liftgate. I think I'll use some White Lithium Grease next time.

I have some Fluid Film in my stash. Seems to work well as said. I use either that or Krown T-40 in aerosol cans for touch ups. (I take my car to Krown for a full rust proofing annually)

The local John Deere dealer is where I got mine. As I recall, the Fluid Film website had a list of dealers that carried it. It does run a bit, I shook the can good before I sprayed it.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Where do you purchase Fluid Film?

I need to coat the frame of the 1999 S-10 my dad left me after his recent death.

Amazon has it in spray cans and gallons.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=Fluid+Film

Wayne

Used fluid film in hidden areas under my truck and it seems to work well. Only gripe, and the reaso i have not yet sprayed the entire underbody, is that it forms a black dirty tarry film as road grime gets built up. Very effective at corrosion protection but very messy and nasty.

I've used the fluid film on my 2015 Caravan. I bought the pro gun with the two long plastic hoses. I got one Gallon of Fluid film from Napa on sale at $36 (regular price $42 USD).

After you learn to get it to spray properly it's easy. I'm using a 25 gallon compressor for application. The gun is made in Italy, so it's a nicely made.

Here are a couple of pics of the inside of the quarter panels

Nice, those wands make it easy to stick in tight areas. Good job on spraying fluid film before the car gets old and rusty.

I discovered that stuff more than 20 years ago.

Use it mainly on boat stuff.

Works great on a Q-tip to hit those little hex bolts on motorcycles that are prone to corrosion.

Originally Posted By: Warstud
I seen it at O'Reillys.

Yes that's where I saw it too, and this thread reminded me to use the O'Reilly $5 off $10 coupon on a can of it. It was $10 and some change when I looked at it in the store, so for half price I am going to get at least one can. Never used it before, but from what I have read it is good stuff, and my old beaters need a squirt here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back