Practice 1 (Thu) 22:00 - 23:30
Practice 2 (Fri) 02:00 - 03:30

Sat 19 April 2014
Practice 3 (Fri) 23:00 - (Sat) 00:00
Qualifying 02:00

Sun 20 April 2014
Race 03:00

US TV SCHEDULE:
Friday, April 18 - 2:00 a.m. -- Chinese Grand Prix - Practice #2 (NBCSN)
Saturday, April 19 - 2:00 a.m. -- Chinese Grand Prix - Qualifying (NBCSN)
Sunday, April 20 - 2:30 a.m. -- Chinese Grand Prix - Race (NBCSN)

CIRCUIT INFO:

Lap data
Lap length 5.451km (3.387 miles)
Race laps 56
Race distance 305.066km (189.559 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’32.238 (212.75 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2004
Fastest lap 1’32.238 (212.75 kph) by Michael Schumacher, 2004
Maximum speed 316kph (196.353 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and longest straight
Distance from grid to turn one 380m

Car performance
Full throttle 65%
Longest flat-out section 1397m
Downforce level High
Gear changes per lap 57
Fuel use per lap 2.5kg
Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.1s

Strategy
Quickest complete pit stop in 2012 20.024s by Ferrari (see full list)
2013 prime tyre**: Medium (2012: Medium)
2013 option tyre**: Soft (2012: Soft)

*Fastest lap set during a Grand Prix
**Pirelli’s compounds are softer than those used in 2012

Data sources: FIA, Williams, Mercedes

shanghai_2012.jpg

_59852843_nico_rosberg_big_pic.jpg

Hat tip to A2 on S2Ki for the info.

Last edited:
Race distance is 56 laps.
Fuel used per lap is 2.5 kg.
Fuel used for race distance = 140 kg.
Fuel allowance for the race in 2014 rules: 100 kg.
They have to get fuel consumption down to ~1.75 kg per lap if they want to finish. That's about a 30% reduction in fuel consumption, which is pretty impressive.

The Lewis and Nico battle is interesting in itself, they seem to be very equally matched which is great to see. Even though they seem to have the right attitude, it must be weighing on each of them, that this is probably their best chance ever at a championship... Hopefully they will keep it clean so the show can continue!

I agree. If they keep racing like we saw at the last GP all it takes is a single inch of misjudgement and one of them is going off, hard.

If they're highly likely to be 1-2 all season then that first race / any other mechanical issues might be the deciding factor.

Lewis takes the pole! Too bad Nico spun in the last corner at the end of Q3, he might have had a shot at starting on the front row too. I'm sure he'll pass the Red Bulls in the first couple of laps though. It would be nice to see him and Lewis battle it out for position again and make this race as exciting to watch as the last one.

After watching the qualification, I watched the 6H of Silverstone qualification. For some reason, Adrian Newey was in the Porsche garage talking to Mark Webber, rather than being in China. Perhaps he has a great deal of confidence to the point that he doesn't need to be there this weekend.
wink.gif

Watching it again, team to Vettle: Let him thru let him pass.. no response. They tell Daniel to pass then Seb asks about Daniels pit sched. Let him thru: Tough Luck but he did let him earn it without being too hard on him.

way after the race on Extra, fascinating short Q&A, Seb said calmly with some resignation but still confident - We have to look at the data, doesnt know where Daniel is beating him, Set up on both cars similar, same cars, he will work harder.

It takes a big man to admit that, esp on set up. i should have recorded this race, we learned a lot. mercedes same speed as red bull w/ DRS open at end of straight. and my man Alonso

I liked when Vettel was passed by the Caterham (I think it was a Caterham). We're going to see Merc. out in front all season with maybe the exception of Monaco where a circuit like that will tend to equalize the cars a bit more. I'm really pulling for McLaren to make some good improvements and get back in it.

Originally Posted By: gofast182
I liked when Vettel was passed by the Caterham (I think it was a Caterham).

Kamui was only unlapping himself. And maybe you liked it, but Vettel certainly did not.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: gofast182
I liked when Vettel was passed by the Caterham (I think it was a Caterham).

Kamui was only unlapping himself. And maybe you liked it, but Vettel certainly did not.
wink.gif

That's why I liked it
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back