Just how crazy, exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Sam2000
Mediums have been debunked time and time again.

Science has recently explained the near death experience. The mind is a powerful thing.

Its no coincidence that when you challenge mysticism, you get an emotional response. That's because the desire to believe in these things is the strongest emotion in the people who hold these beliefs as absolute truths.

K straight shooter riddle me this. I was strapped in a gurney. 3 IV's in me because they didn't want to lose the prime on the pump.
That nurse always stood above me. She wasn't a hospital employee she was an ambulance providers employee so she wasn't in the ER whatsoever,just in the bus.
She wore one of those little hats,hiding the bun,and the things poking out of her hair were in the top rear of the bun hairstyle.
At no time did she ever turn her back to me. Not once,so please explain how I saw hypodermics stuffed into a bun I couldn't see while incapacitated,with the nurse always above and in front if me.

I couldn't. And when I asked her what those things were in her hair she was shocked and she commented that there was no way I could have seen them from my position in the ambulance strapped in.

And with that I'm out. I once discarded all things spiritually,holy and physic as scams and peoples need to believe in something more. I would have joined the chorus with the absurd notion that science has explained the death experience and seeing the light and so on
HOWEVER
since I've actually experienced dying,I might be in a better position to explain the experience rather than folks who watched a tv show or read a book.
Did these scientists who feel they've explained the NDE die and are speaking from their personal experience,or are they just stating their opinion because if it's the latter then I've gotta point out the NO EXPERIENCE DYING part again.
So I'll say to those of you with absolutely no experience dying and having no heartbeat for in excess of 3 minutes you truly have no experience and therefore no idea so your thoughts in the matter are just that,thoughts.
My posts aren't thoughts or beliefs or anything of the sort. My posts are experience.
Remember prior to this day I has no belief whatsoever and thought it was hogwash. After actually dying I've learned otherwise.
I'm glad there's so many non believers. That means you'll stay anonymous and I'll never make your acquaintance in the afterlife.

Remember. Those of you living like this is it,what if you learn you were wrong,and what does that mean once this vessel has expired.
Just sayin

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: jrustles
is this?

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014...ow-the-whistle/

Non-believers and doubters galore, same with the Medium world I encounter. 98% of the adult, non-religious only believe in what they can see, hear, smell or feel.

some people are like that, though. well, in this era, most people are like that. i know what it's like; keep the 'fictional' stuff in the fictional realm, keep a minimalist view of the 'extraneous' stuff. accept only trusted information from endorsed sources. especially as someone who has been offended or wronged by 'religion', anything 'religion' discussed is automaically also associated and is thus identified as hogwash and to be challenged without a genuine curiosity; issues like the afterlife, a 'heaven' etc. to these people, the two are very difficult to imagine separated or in an entirely different context.

the difference between clevy's account of the afterlife and say, your average preacher of religion, is that clevy did not qualify death as being wonderful only for certain people. he didn't mention anything about religion at all.

death is not something that's scary, and that people need to make stories up for to feel better about; i know that's a common theory that some people love to use, but it's really a terrible one. ask clevy if he's 'afraid' of death. lol. he's probably [censored] off that he had to come back.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I think we are small minded to believe that we are the only ones in an infinite universe. Whether they are capable of arriving here is the question for me.

It's not just "small minded", but it also is a grand display of mankinds' totally overblown EGO, and (can't say it on here) fanaticism.

My religious belief does not prevent me from believing that life could exist outside our realm. If fact my belief makes me think even more that it's probable. I am christian, but i don't subscribe that we are the end all be all. We don't know what else out there has been created.

Mods, if this crossed the line, i apologize.

Last edited:
The old guy is nuts.

If you run the numbers based on the number of stars out their its highly likely that life exists, and probably a fair amount of it.

The question is did any of it develop to be intelligent enough to travel in space? If so when did it happen and the universe is a big place, so where? For all we know their was the real life version of Star Wars playing out here a couple of billion years ago, or right now just in a galaxy far, far away...

For us to make contact with intelligent life either we or them would have to have our civilizations in existence at the same time, and well bump into each other.

Stephen Hawking has some very interesting thoughts on extraterrestrial life.

He also has some thoughts on what such contact might look like. For example all we need to do is look at our history on what happens when more advanced cultures meet others, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
The old guy is nuts.

in that case he's not the only one. in fact he's got a few entire national governments that are just as crazy
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Dying is a wonderful thing. It's the next step in the journey

I certainly agree with this. There's a Buddhist saying, that your birth was your first step towards death. I'm fine with that.

i bet you've seen some stuff bro

I had a similar experience to Clevy, I think, only I saw myself, and everything else. I felt that the cosmos made sense. Where we were, why we were, and how everything worked. It was beautiful.

I was on shrooms, in college. I don't get preachy about the experience though
smirk.gif
The mind is an interesting thing.

Originally Posted By: LazyPrizm
[
I had a similar experience to Clevy, I think, only I saw myself, and everything else. I felt that the cosmos made sense. Where we were, why we were, and how everything worked. It was beautiful.

smirk.gif

It's funny that a lot of nde reports, those reciting the accounts make it a point to clearly say that a)it's nothing like a drug hallucination and b)the experience was more 'real' than waking life, which feels like a bad dream in comparison.

now, either these people who have never met are in a conspiracy to lie about this, consistently or that these people can't tell what real life feels like, or what a drug hallucination feels like to say that the nde experience was more 'real' than either.

i just think that's an interesting corroboration

maybe what you experienced was a 'peek' behind the veil, such as that sought by countless aboriginal people's via certain sacred hallucinogens ie ayahuasca... and the venerable shroom
smile.gif

the difference between clevy's account of the afterlife and say, your average preacher of religion, is that clevy did not qualify death as being wonderful only for certain people. he didn't mention anything about religion at all.

Actually he kind of did, and in an entirely average way -- in the post right above yours, in fact.

I'm glad there's so many non believers. That means you'll stay anonymous and I'll never make your acquaintance in the afterlife.

Remember. Those of you living like this is it,what if you learn you were wrong,and what does that mean once this vessel has expired.

I'm not saying Clevy's point was to push religion per se. This is just a common tactic when talking about the supernatural or the afterlife: if people don't believe you and you can't provide better evidence, open up with the threats.

Where I was raised one does not make light of another's religion, period.

Very poor taste, and revealing, too.

Last edited:
Well then Garak, if your argument stands that Hellyer simply being a man of insane mind therefore he gave a fallible testimony with a reputable title. There are plenty others like Hellyer: reputable title/insane mind/fallible testimony.

Originally Posted By: LazyPrizm
Dying is a wonderful thing. It's the next step in the journey

I certainly agree with this. There's a Buddhist saying, that your birth was your first step towards death. I'm fine with that.

i bet you've seen some stuff bro

smirk.gif

13.gif

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Actually he kind of did, and in an entirely average way -- in the post right above yours, in fact.

I'm not saying Clevy's point was to push religion per se. This is just a common tactic when talking about the supernatural or the afterlife: if people don't believe you and you can't provide better evidence, open up with the threats.

Yep scare tactics.

Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Yep scare tactics.

couple things, i fail to identify what religion clevy is supposedly touting. is it buddhism? judaism? paganism? hockey?

also, what's the scare tactic? who's scared and of what, to what end?

couple things, i fail to identify what religion clevy is supposedly touting. is it buddhism? judaism? paganism? hockey?

Thanks for reminding us that, even if you specifically state that you're not saying something, someone will pretend you said it anyway.

also, what's the scare tactic? who's scared and of what, to what end?

"I'll never see you in the afterlife" = I'll live on and you won't
"What if you're wrong, what will that mean when you die" = You're screwed in the end

You don't have to be religious, just spiritual. People have reasons to believe what they believe based on their experience, calling them crazy, tinfoil hat or whatever name doesn't make one more of a man.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
You don't have to be religious, just spiritual. People have reasons to believe what they believe based on their experience, calling them crazy, tinfoil hat or whatever name doesn't make one more of a man.

Well I for one never called anyone crazy. Just pointed out that the mind is powerful and that scientists have claimed that a powerful mechanism is at play in NDE.

Certainly, it wasn't me who posted this:

Originally Posted By: Trav
tinhat1.png

Well I for one never called anyone crazy. Just pointed out that the mind is powerful and that scientists have claimed that a powerful mechanism is at play in NDE.

That was actually kind of my point w/ the shrooms experience I posted. I guess the corollary to that anecdote is that as the sun came up, I sobered up, walked home and had a good nap and woke up refreshed, but no closer to holding all the answers. I have no reason to believe I saw anything that wasn't in my head (and my head alone).

Originally Posted By: GenSan
Well then Garak, if your argument stands that Hellyer simply being a man of insane mind therefore he gave a fallible testimony with a reputable title. There are plenty others like Hellyer: reputable title/insane mind/fallible testimony.

My point isn't against the notion that there's life elsewhere. Kaku has said it's possible, but that there's no evidence of them having visited here. That's entirely different than stating that there are four species of aliens that have visited the earth in the past few thousand years and that there are aliens in the U.S. government. Additionally, seeing something strange in the sky doesn't mean it's aliens.

If you put me on the spot and I had to make a wager, I'd wager that there is life elsewhere and intelligent life, at that. But that's completely different than Hellyer's detailed, yet unsubstantiated claims.

As I said previously, where's the corroborating testimony? Hellyer is the only person on the planet who had such access and decided to blow the whistle? Everyone else is in on the conspiracy and will keep silent to the death? Hellyer's access in the Canadian government was virtually unparalleled. He still retains the post-nominal PC. He never once saw it worthwhile to take a document or photocopy/mimeograph a document? All of this is retrospective? And be rest assured, he did have an interest in the topic back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back