Does WalMart really do this??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Locally, Meijer matches Walmart on oil prices and is a far more pleasant place to shop.

Unfortunately, we(meijer) stopped competetor ad matching last fall, around the same time we stopped doubling coupons chain wide.

And before you say "RU sure?", yes. I've been a cashier with them nearly 16 years.
Also, http://help.meijer.com/app/answers/detai...match-policy%3F

I'm not talking about ad matching, I'm talking about price matching.
The Meijer price for M1, PP or VSP matches what Walmart charges.
Don't sell the chain that employs you short.
Meijer did stop double coupons after Kroger made that move.

not selling anyone short, just not wanting to spread false info.
Misunderstanding on my part.

I did find it interesting in our oil aisle yesterday, noticed that the regular shelf price (not sale/price drop/etc) for all the big Name Synthetics in a 5qt Jug was exactly the same, brand to brand. M1, Synpower, PP, Castrol Edge,and....another one i can't place right now(a couple beers in to the night) were all $25.19, While the Warren Made Meijer Syn, is $17.49 ($1 More than PYB, $.50 More than Motorcraft SynBlend.)

I have been checking the oil aisle of our Meijer store for a while now, and this last trip I have been really impressed. Not only do they have the new Pennzoil Platinum, but they expanded the oil selection with two new additions, Mobil 1 0W-40 5-quart jugs, and Rotella T5 10W-30.
Not only am I glad they are carrying these oils, but I'm impressed with the pricing. Mobil 1 0W-40 is priced at $25.19, the T5 is $15.99!

They also carry Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic oil, which I know some people are having trouble finding. They have Valvoline Import ATF as well. Our store even has Mobil 1 ATF!

I bought 2 jugs of Mobil 1 0W-40 for Mobil's spring rebate, and when I checked the receipt, it showed a sale of -20 cents per jug, so final price was $24.99 a jug.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
I mean, Quaker State sludges so fast and turns into wax so a damaged bottle should be sealed right??? Right???? Nothing should in theory leakout of it, much less youd need a butter knife to scoop it out right?

Exact words from Autozone employee "Quaker State?!?!? that's sludgy wax stuff will kill your engine!!!!1!1! Use Pennzoil!"

trying to explain to know it all LAPS employees stuff isn't at all going to get you anywhere.

"If Quaker State does that, then why don't all these cars and trucks that use Walmart TLE and Jiffy Lubes blow up?"
"Are you aware QS and PZ are owned both by Shell? Similar too"

Then you get into an argument that Quaker State is a different division of SOPUS than Pennzoil and.. exact words..
AZ Employee "Quaker State is made in mexico where quality and automotive needs are different than American. Mexico cars are lubed with wax"

Needless to say, I need to find a Mexico Built Jetta. I have a few yankee candles that need to be used up.

:3

This reminds me of an instance a few years back when an O'Reilly employee complemented me on my choice of oil at the time: Formula Shell. He went on to say, "Yeah, I'm glad you didn't pick up Pennzoil, because that stuff will leave a thick sludge behind in your engine."

Even the "professionals" selling auto parts are still bent on that old myth. I wonder if he even knew that they both come from the same parent company... Oh well.

Appears to be unanimous agreement in BITOG. Could this be a first?
banana2.gif

And these are the same kids that help people diag. drivability and trouble codes in cars! Some of the advice I have heard handed out makes you want to scream.

Now I know what was going on with my "seat of the pants" driving impressions after my last oil change using oil bought at Walmart.
My left butt cheek was telling me I had Castrol in the engine, and my right was telling me it was Quaker State. Now I know the reason why. I'll sleep better tonight.

Last edited:
Regarding the knowledge of auto parts counter guys-
I was in AutoZone and the guy behind the counter said they had absolutely no brake parts for my Ford pickup...
What? The number one selling vehicle in the world and you don't show brake parts?

I leaned over to see the screen and saw he was searching for BREAK parts.
When I told him how "brake" was spelled, I got the rear drum spring I was looking for.....

Maybe even more amazing is their corporate IT staff didn't set up their computers to actually look for BREAK parts since they surely have a lot of clueless people working for them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back