Honda CRV2012 oil change recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a Honda CRV2012 from a dealer with 20000 miles on it last April (so I've had it a year. I have only driven 5500 miles mostly city or short trips less than 200 miles. The car uses synthetic oil. The question is when is it time to change the oil? Mileage or time? Thanks for experts help or recommendation! [email protected]

Hi Larry,

Your 2012 CR-V has a Maintenance Minder that keeps track of many variables including things such as miles, engine load, number of cold starts, all that. It will vary the recommended maintenance interval based on how the car is driven. You do not need to have the car serviced until the indicator on the dash tells you to. More information about this should be in your owner's manual. If the car didn't come with one, you can either buy one (eBay, etc) or contact Honda. They may offer them for free...especially an electronic (PDF) version.

Seems like it would still be under warranty. I would follow the dealer recommended/required warranty oil change schedule. If not sure, contact the dealer and find out so you don't put the warranty at risk.

Cheers..

If this is not the V6 with VCM, then the change interval is maintenance minder at or below 15% (depending on how long you can stand turning off the change oil soon message) or 1 year.

If it is the VEM V6, then 5k miles or 1 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back