Lisle Coolant Funnel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets good reviews on Amazon. Having said that, I have never had any difficulty getting the air out of a cooling system. Someone on Amazon also suggested buying the newer version 24680

I got one of these things a couple of years ago. I could not live without it now.

It raises the fluid level high enough that it helps burp the system, and I have done coolant exchanges without spilling a single drop.

Yes, buy the updated model, more adapters
It's usually a few $ cheaper too
smile.gif

I bought one, If you need to touch a cooling system on a modern car, ESPECIALLY Japanese engines, it's mandatory.......

...Unless you want to spill coolant all over the floor, then the dozens of stray cats in your neighborhood will lick at it, and don't make me explain the rest from experience.

I was very depressed that day
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: Donald
What is wrong with a Prestone funnel that has a large throat for pouring coolant quickly?

Nothing, but this funnel is sealed so it captures coolant as it expands. Not saying it is essential, but the convenience, to me at least, easily justifies the price.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Gets good reviews on Amazon. Having said that, I have never had any difficulty getting the air out of a cooling system. Someone on Amazon also suggested buying the newer version 24680

The 24680 is just a funnel which is not worth more than any other funnel. The important feature is sealing the connection between the funnel and coolant inlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back