Quaker State Defy 10w-40 in my scooter...

Status
Not open for further replies.
snagged a few quarts of Quaker State Defy 10w-40 on closeout at the local ChinaMart & thinking of using it in my scooter for 1500-2000 mile OCI's (forced conduction air-cooled single cylinder 125cc with screw-on oil filter -- NO WET CLUTCH); seeking feedback...

should I run it or keep it for top off oil? thanks...

What does your owner's manual recommend?

IF there is any doubt, I'd put the fresh oil in and start from scratch (IF need be) before the summer heat arrives.

That oil will work fine if your scooter calls for a 10W40.

It's called Wal-Mart, not "ChinaMart". Go to Target if you want American made goods with a broad selection of automotive oils.

Perfectly fine but I'm sure your shadow also calls for 10w40. So why not just get the same thing.... Meaning whatever u put in the honda since it has a wet clutch. Heck I bet a gallon would cover moto and scooter oil volume right?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
That oil will work fine if your scooter calls for a 10W40.

It's called Wal-Mart, not "ChinaMart". Go to Target if you want American made goods with a broad selection of automotive oils.
Why is a problem if he calls it Chinamart?

Quote:

note of sarcasm aknowledged & I apologize for being offensive...

I went to Wal-Mart...

my owner's manual calls for 15w-40, but alot of Genuine Buddy owners run 10w-40 for easier starting in the cooler/colder temps; thanks

Originally Posted By: InhalingBullets
The Target stores around here carry very little motor oil if at all. It is weird how that happens.

Yeah usually one type, like dino mobil, I guess some have totally different target stores, or maybe super Target stores give more selection. But in my area Target doesn't hold a candle to walmart in oil selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back