BMW dropping Castrol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow pretty surprised to hear. I don't really use Castrol oil in my M3's anymore anyway but still very surprised to hear this.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
So if I had an M3 and I put Castrol in it on Jan 2nd 2015, would it still run?

NO WAY MAN I JUST PUT Ow40 IN MY M3 MAN AND DUDE THE HORROR.........THE CARNAGE.......THE.......

sweetest sound and smoothest feel the engine has ever felt.

Is this going to flow on world wide or is it just North America only ?

Maybe they are chasing a better 0w-20 the most popular grade there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: virginoil

Not sure.

I suppose baring a worldwide notice we would know if their DTM team replaces their Castrol stickers with Shell. I'm just curious to know what the new M-colors will be. Red,Green , Blue?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Well, that explains why BMWNA now pulled all engine oil related info off their website.

I fully expect BMWNA to send me a new engine oil cap with Pennzoil logo on it to replace my Castrol one.
smile.gif

Haha I thought I was the only one thinking this. I'm not a Castrol fan and that "endorsement" on the cap really bothered me (thank goodness for first world problems). The original Reutter cap, exactly the same as the existing cap sans the wordings was only 4 bucks. Oil can symbol still there. I bought one when I ordered a batch of filters, "problem" solved.

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl

Not sure.

I suppose baring a worldwide notice we would know if their DTM team replaces their Castrol stickers with Shell. I'm just curious to know what the new M-colors will be. Red,Green , Blue?

The tri-color is not a Castrol thing.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/04/13/history-bmw-m-logo-colors-explained/

"The first Red stripe represented Texaco, the famous American oil retail brand, who had partnered with BMW during the early days of M racing. Blue represented BMW and Bavarian region. The purple was used to represent the partnership and to allow for a nice transition between the two colors, blending as some may call it."

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl

Not sure.

The tri-color is not a Castrol thing.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2009/04/13/history-bmw-m-logo-colors-explained/

"The first Red stripe represented Texaco, the famous American oil retail brand, who had partnered with BMW during the early days of M racing. Blue represented BMW and Bavarian region. The purple was used to represent the partnership and to allow for a nice transition between the two colors, blending as some may call it."

Interesting. Supposedly BMW Mobile Tradition said it was Castrol Red. Somebody is fibbing.

So now my car will run better since it's running Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40.
smile.gif

Im also waiting my new Oil cap with the Shell logo on it.
eek.gif

Hi Guys

If you have access for Liqui Moly just go for it, it is amazing, I've used all these brands (BP, Castrol, Motul, and Torco) and never felt any difference, but with Liqui Moly yes you can feel the difference and even more fuel economy, also the additives they have, really works.
Am not trying to do any advertising, am just a freak crazy on my cars I want the best product possible. I use Liqui Moly for everything, racing in 1/4mile and road cars, they have every oil and additive you'll need. Am just sharing my experience and trying to help that's all.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hit
Hi Guys

If you have access for Liqui Moly just go for it, it is amazing, I've used all these brands (BP, Castrol, Motul, and Torco) and never felt any difference, but with Liqui Moly yes you can feel the difference and even more fuel economy, also the additives they have, really works.
Am not trying to do any advertising, am just a freak crazy on my cars I want the best product possible. I use Liqui Moly for everything, racing in 1/4mile and road cars, they have every oil and additive you'll need. Am just sharing my experience and trying to help that's all.

We have it, but it's just not priced well. I do intermediate oil changes and Castrol LL04 5w30 is $2-$3/quart cheaper than LM.

Its because you're far from Europe I think, but I don't look that much at the price, especially when its a good product, when I used Torco it was double the price from my country (Malta in europe) €120 5L and LM €60 5L. My be you call me crazy but that's me. I didn't go for LM because of the price, its because it is a very good product!

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back