Gumout Multi System Tune Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
AAP has this B1G1 Free, GUMOUT Multi-System Tune Up in a can/bottle that is similar to the SeaFoam Can/Bottle. Has anyone used this product? Is it the same as Seafoam?

Hello, I'm just leery of any can of solvent which gets sucked through an engine in 30 seconds which claims it can remove baked on soot which has taken years to accumulate. Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, I'm just leery of any can of solvent which gets sucked through an engine in 30 seconds which claims it can remove baked on soot which has taken years to accumulate. Kira

Well as with Seafoam, I believe this product can also be poured into the gas tank apon filling up our gas tanks, just like any/most FSC's. Which is what I'd like to do.
smile.gif

The website that I linked, seems promissing with PEA and other additives compared with Seafoam. I have used Seafoam and other FSC's such as Techron, Regane etc.

Right now, this product is on sale and I'd like to use it as a maintenance dose in my cars.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

, I believe this product can also be poured into the gas tank apon filling up our gas tanks, just like any/most FSC's. Which is what I'd like to do.
smile.gif

In the gas it would look to be fine to use, claims it has PEA. On the can it states it can be used in the oil as well. What does PEA do, bad good or indifferent, to an oil system?

Interesting that Gumpout states that it can clean intake valves in DI engines while the product is mixed with the gasoline. I think I would like a more IN-DEPTH explanation on who this is possible. Ed

Originally Posted By: msmoke00
Originally Posted By: Char Baby

, I believe this product can also be poured into the gas tank apon filling up our gas tanks, just like any/most FSC's. Which is what I'd like to do.
smile.gif

In the gas it would look to be fine to use, claims it has PEA. On the can it states it can be used in the oil as well. What does PEA do, bad good or indifferent, to an oil system?

I only plan on using it in the gas tank(not in the oil). And I don't plan on using it in the fuel rail. Just pour & go!

PEA is the prefered cleaning agent in fuel system cleaners(FSC)as it doesn't contribute to deposits the way that PBA did(IDK if PBA is used any longer). PBA, while cleaning injectors, can actually create deposits on intake valves while PEA removes all deposits throughout the combustion chamber.

How much PEA is used in the GUMOUT Multi-System Product is the question. Is it as good as their "All-in-One"? Or Techeon?

Last edited:
Give it a try. If it has PEA, one can usually tell. Both our cars run smoother on gasoline that contains a stout dose of PEA from a fuel system cleaner.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Give it a try. If it has PEA, one can usually tell. Both our cars run smoother on gasoline that contains a stout dose of PEA from a fuel system cleaner.

I'll have to read the can label to see if it can be used in the tank as compared to only in the fuel rail. If so, I'll buy two cans on special.
smile.gif

UPDATE:

I bought 2 cans(16oz/EA) of this GUMOUT Multi-System TUNE-UP. I read the can label. These cans/bottles look just like the SEAFOAM Cans/Botles though, it is not the same product as GUMOUT's website compares to the SEAFOAM product...Play the video.

http://www.gumoutproveit.com/compare

The back label states...

Directions(in this order):

1)-ADD to FUEL: For optimal results, add entier can to the tank. Fill the tank with fuel and run to near empty before refueling. One pint(16oz) treats 18-21 gallons of gasoline or diesel fuel.

2)-ADD to OIL: Add one ounce per quart of oil. Immediately start the engine and run for 5-10 minutes to mix completely.

3)-Vacuum Intake Cleaner: May be used with engine decarbonizing equipment through the vacuum system to clean intake manifold, valves and combustion chamber. Follow recommended mechanical procedures for the equipment.

4)-Small 4-cycle engines: Add to gasoling using 3/4 to 1 onces per gallon fo fuel.

5)-Small 2-cycle engines: Ad to gasoling using 3/4 to 1 onces per gallon of fuel. Add 2-cycle oil as recomended by engine man ufacture. GUMOUT Multi-System Tune-Up does not replace the 2-cycle oil.

COMPLIES WITH THE FEDERAL ULTRA-LOW SULFUR CONTENT REQUIREMENTS FOR USE IN DIESEL MOTOR VEHICLES AND NON-ROAD ENGINES.

Last edited:
Just based on the video, I am going to buy this product. I like to reward companies which use scientific and logical methods to put forward their point rather than trying pull one over me. And have PEA in the ingredients, that too :)

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Just based on the video, I am going to buy this product. I like to reward companies which use scientific and logical methods to put forward their point rather than trying pull one over me. And have PEA in the ingredients, that too :)

What method would you consider...In tank or fuel rail?

Most likely for the vacuum induction; I think this is extremely cost effective as compared to the 3M kit. For in tank, I would stick with usual culprits aka proven entities such as Regane/3M/Techron/Redline etc.

Now to be frank, given how infrequent this treatment needs to be done, the price differential should be immaterial but I am kind of guy who likes bargains, so I fell for this and ordered a 4-pack from Advance Auto.

That video needed to go WAAAAAAAY further. Show me the same borescope views before and after a Gumout cleanup on a vehicle with 50,000+ miles.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D

That video needed to go WAAAAAAAY further. Show me the same borescope views before and after a Gumout cleanup on a vehicle with 50,000+ miles.

Yes, that would be nice!

The video is a starting place for us. Advertising is what it is!
I too would like to see more. Maybe in the future, someone will post a You Tube video with a real comparison between the Seafoam, Gumout and maybe other sililar products.
smile.gif

Well, the video did NOT even show if Gumout does or does NOT do white smoke either!

One would assume it does since Gumout contains pale oil which, according to the video, causes Seafoam to cause white smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back