2007 Ford Focus SE??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at adding another vehicle to my fleet, I can't handle the gas money being spent on driving my 1997 Ford F150 to work.

There is a 2007 Ford Focus SE with the 2.0L 4 cylinder engine available locally for $4500 at a small lot in town. It has 123,000 miles on it. Does anyone have any experience with this year and make? If so, please share them with me. Thanks!

The wife drives an 05' ZX5 Auto. So far its been a good car but has only 70k miles and has been properly maintained. I'd look to the car's maintaince history. Fluid changes, repairs, accidents etc. I like the Focus except for the "lifetime" air filter. Timing chain is nice. Easy to get to most things on the engine. Only major repair we had on the car was a $300 repair. I'd make sure it has had at least one transmission fluid exchange w/perhaps a new filter as well. Good Luck!

The engine should be good, thats the duratech.

Rear suspension usually rusts into place.. if you need any suspension work its a huge pain.

I would think that's more like a 3000$ car unless it is immaculate.

My 07 has been a very good car. Front brakes were replaced last year along with the front sway bar end links. Engine has been flawless as has the trans. As for rust, none, as one poster suggested. Overall it has been a very reliable car.

That Focus was made well after they fixed the dropped valve seat issue so it should be a good car. I don't know about the price, how does that compare to private party sales price?

The valve seat issue was for an entirely different engine. Also has a timing chain instead of a belt like the SPI (valve seat problem) and Zetec.

Great little engines - they run forever.

The 4F27E transmission is okay. They often suffer the same fate as many transmissions that use solenoids - the solenoids wear out and end up burning up the transmission. They seem to be reliable up to 150K miles.

If it shifts okay, I'd do a complete transmission fluid flush and add a transmission cooler. At any point, if it starts to shift funny, change the solenoids.

It's essentially the same as a 2000 Focus. By the time they got around to the "second" generation, pretty much all of the bugs had been worked out.

Mine is a manual transmission, but I rarely get below 35MPG in the summer commuting and am always in the low 40s on trips in the summer.

My 2009 has been a big disapointment. It's a different car than an '07....but I would still avoid it. I can't imagine my heap making it to 123k miles without fairly major repairs along the way. I already need to fix the loose/knocking front end, brakes, rough idle, and broken interior pieces at only 65k miles. And I baby the car!
I used to like Ford....not so much anymore.

If you have that many problems, get rid of it. My parents had a Jeep that had a lot of problems. They traded it on a '13 Focuscape and never looked back.

Feel bad for whoever bought it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back