Oil Recommended for 2014 Lamborghini Gallardo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone already mentioned it but isn't there a UOA on a Ferrari that shows GC 0w-30 besting the 10w-60? Kind of the same ballpark. Sadly I have no supercars so I can't give any real advise. Would a sport bike with a 14,000rpm redline have similar oil needs to a Lambo type engine?

Is the 10w60 used because this engine, driven in anger...or driven too slowly, generates a TON! of heat..?

And the car just looks "uncomfortable" stuck in traffic. Heat just pours off the back / rear of the car...!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I don't have the owner manual so I don't know exactly what oil, transmission fluid, gear fluid ... are recommended...............

But he's my brother so when asked I need to find out what is best for his dream car. Where is a better place to ask about oil if not here ?.................

When I see him I will read the manual to find out exactly what fluids are recommended. Lamborghini-talk.com didn't have good info about it................

Finally got there. A commitment to read the OEM manual.

When all else fails,read the owners manual!

Simple,easy to do,no need for pages and pages on BITOG to figure out what oil is needed in this application.

Originally Posted By: DragRace

Simple,easy to do,no need for pages and pages on BITOG to figure out what oil is needed in this application.

But these days, (on BITOG) the only time that a manual is ever correct is if they specify an XW-20...

Originally Posted By: Shannow

But these days, (on BITOG) the only time that a manual is ever correct is if they specify an XW-20...

56.gif

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
Maybe someone already mentioned it but isn't there a UOA on a Ferrari that shows GC 0w-30 besting the 10w-60? Kind of the same ballpark. Sadly I have no supercars so I can't give any real advise. Would a sport bike with a 14,000rpm redline have similar oil needs to a Lambo type engine?

Not really bud, all but the newest bikes have no exhaust after treatment devices like cats to protect and they also don't have turbochargers or do long drain intervals. Bike oils also have friction modifiers in them to make sure the wet clutches operate properly and don't slip. Motorbike oils are usually better suited to historic car engines due to the higher amount of anti wear additives in them that flat tappet cams benefit from.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

And even then it's debatable….;)

Bikes where I live have cats now, but I forgot about the whole transmission thing. On a side note I just saw a dodge truck with a hollowed out cat pass the California emissiones test with no problem, maybe cats arnt so important after all. I like the castrol 5w-30 recomendation, is that the factory spec as well?

I can't imagine a better oil for this application than M1 0W-40.
Better yet, an oil change will only run the cost of three jugs of the oil from Walmart and whatever an Audi filter runs.
This will also leave a couple of quarts of make-up oil, which I'd imagine this engine will need.
I'd change it myself if I had one, just as I have with every car I've ever had.
If you were most members, I'd have checked the calendar and were it not April 1st, I'd assume that your post was a fable.

Yes, it's very interesting. I can't imagine that 5W30 is recommended, I thought the thinnest oil should be xW40 and most likely xW50.

As of now he will have oil change at Lamborghini dealer during warranty period, after 3 years he may do it himself then we will worry about correct grade and possibly brand.

Since he will change oil once a year, M1 0W40 probably is at or near top of the list.

My brother is in Phoenix, AZ and I'm in Irvine, CA.

I never think about owning a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, can't afford either.

What weird is I can't find the manual online and recommended oil by several websites are different grades, from 5W30 all the way to 10W60 for the same car.

Originally Posted By: RedOakRanch
Bikes where I live have cats now, but I forgot about the whole transmission thing. On a side note I just saw a dodge truck with a hollowed out cat pass the California emissiones test with no problem, maybe cats arnt so important after all. I like the castrol 5w-30 recomendation, is that the factory spec as well?

Its what Castrol recommend on the lube advisor and it's a direct cross reference from the Pennzoil, and bearing in mind that VW/AUDI use Castrol, and it's a VW/AUDI engine, they should be in a good position to get the oil right.

I can't imagine that 5W30 is recommended

Try not to use your imagination, use the data supplied by the engineers in the manual.

If you email Lamborghini direct (not a dealer), they have to tell you because of freedom of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back