Chevron Delo 10-30 XLE at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was shopping at Walmart the other day (in the California Sierra foothills) and I cruised down the oil aisle to see if there was anything new. I spotted on the shelf new stocks of Chevron Delo 10-30 XLE (synthetic blend) along with Delo full syn 5-40. The XLE was priced very competetively to the T5 at $15.97 a gallon. I have been using the Rotella T5 in my truck (2011 Ford F350 6.7 diesel), but like Chevron products so I thought I would give the XLE a try at my next oil change in a couple of months. I will also run a oil analysis after the Delo OCI to compare against my Rotella reports and post up the results. Rotella is finally getting some competetion in mainstream stores, now only if Delvac would release their HD 10-30.

Cheers - Charlie

This is pretty cool and good to hear since I live south of you. Like Dave said, I think the 10w-30 diesel oils are going to be more readily available, which is a good thing. Good find man!

Good news! My Chevron distributor charges $16 and some change for a gallon. Which isn't bad either. Only place I get get Chevron Supreme oil for $39 a case.

Nice! Napa is selling a 10w30 HDEO Valvoline syn blend now too... I am glad to see more 10w30 HDEO's readily available. Not that I've ever had any complaints with Rotella, but selection is good!

I've run both Delo and Rotella 10w30's in my 6.0 PSD, as well as Brad-Penn 10w30. All three performed as well as the other. I just changed the oil last weekend, and went with NAPA 15w40 that was recently on sale for 9.95 a gallon. I noticed on cool mornings there is considerably more "nailing" until the engine gets some heat in it. PSD's seem to do well on 10w30's. I'm jealous you can get Delo at WM. I have to get mine from a distributor.

Just bought some Delo 400LE 5w-40 full synthetic @ Wal-Mart for $15.00 per gallon.
11.gif

Originally Posted By: pupeperson
Just bought some Delo 400LE 5w-40 full synthetic @ Wal-Mart for $15.00 per gallon.
11.gif

i just bought that same Delo 400LE 5w-40 full synthetic from my walmart and i paid 19.00 lol maybe its a local sale. i used it in my 2004 gmc 5.3 l pickup with a mobil 1 oil filter. it seams to run smoother or quieter than the synthetic blend i had in before. i normally run mobil 1 5w30 or 10w30 before my last oil change before the synthetic blend i tried though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pupeperson
11.gif

Wow, that's a good price, best I've seen in the Pacific Northwest is around $19.00 & change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back