Women! And the nice guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my friend's girlfriend broke up with him today, 2 weeks shy of their 1st year anniversary. She said she was not used to being treated so good and felt he was too chivalrous. Anyone have opinions? He seems pretty destroyed and I don't quite know how to comfort him, even though the same happened to me. Does this happen to a lot of guys? Both wanted to find their "one" and were serious. He gave her plenty of space too.

Maybe he was becoming too nice and predictable so she became bored. I think their is something deeper than what she's saying honestly. There is a difference between being nice and being a doormat. Maybe he didn't challenge her enough with his own opinions, letting her have her way too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly. She also had never dated the "nice guy" and always chased the punks and heads until she wanted to settle down. I sorta wonder if she just was taken so off guard by him. Oh, and he is not a doormat type. He is a fireman and body builder. He certainly holds his patriot views high and is definitely outspoken, but in a conservative way.

Last edited:
Woops. Sorry!
frown.gif
My mistake

Originally Posted By: lawman1909
So my friend's girlfriend broke up with him today, 2 weeks shy of their 1st year anniversary. She said she was not used to being treated so good and felt he was too chivalrous. Anyone have opinions? He seems pretty destroyed and I don't quite know how to comfort him, even though the same happened to me. Does this happen to a lot of guys? Both wanted to find their "one" and were serious. He gave her plenty of space too.

There is more to this.

She said she was not used to being treated so good and felt he was too chivalrous.

Sounds like an excuse. Something she made up to cover for her real motive.

She also had never dated the "nice guy" and always chased the punks and heads until she wanted to settle down.

Some women (actually quite a few in my experience) seem to be looking for a guy to "fix", a bad boy who they can straighten out and who will need them. Everyone has seen the seemingly capable woman constantly paired up with one loser or another. This gal probably doesn't know what to do with a guy who can stand on his own two feet and doesn't "need" her to straighten him up.

She was bored and/or interested in somebody else. Emphasis on somebody else. Maybe she wasn't cheating, but she wanted to.
He should let her go if he really wants to keep her. Sounds wrong, huh?
If he immediately stops talking to her and makes no effort to get her back, she will feel that he didn't really love her. She will start questioning and doubting herself, and voila, she will start trying to talk to him. As long as he remains distant and apathetic, while taking her calls and offering brief, emotionally neutral responses to texts, she will start trying again.
But, she'll dump him again after all is said and done.
He needs to find somebody else.

Can I ask their ages? Sounds like something I experienced back in my 20s. He shouldn't let her decision impact him long term. He will become an even better person because of experiences like this. Just be there to support him.

Regards, JC.

He is a fireman and body builder. He certainly holds his patriot views high and is definitely outspoken, but in a conservative way.

Probably why.

Originally Posted By: Donald

There is more to this.

Yea. She found someone else and broke it off by giving the guy a compliment. Too nice and chivalrous? No she just wanted to break it off. And usually women don't break it off till they've got someone else lined up.

I just asked my girlfriend why nice guys get dumped. She replied: "Nice guys don't get dumped because they're too nice. They get dumped because they're something wrong with them or have other issues. Being nice isn't one of them and doesn't make up for other shortcomings that could be a dealbreaker in a relationship. Remember, Ted Bundy was nice guy too."

There is someone else. Sorry that is just the way it is.

Your friend should just let her go. I do not want to be a Debbie Downer but it was not meant to be. There is someone out there for your friend.

Originally Posted By: salv
She was bored and/or interested in somebody else. Emphasis on somebody else. Maybe she wasn't cheating, but she wanted to.
He should let her go if he really wants to keep her. Sounds wrong, huh?
If he immediately stops talking to her and makes no effort to get her back, she will feel that he didn't really love her. She will start questioning and doubting herself, and voila, she will start trying to talk to him. As long as he remains distant and apathetic, while taking her calls and offering brief, emotionally neutral responses to texts, she will start trying again.
But, she'll dump him again after all is said and done.
He needs to find somebody else.

^^^ Exactly ^^^

Originally Posted By: GaleHawkins
Did they agree on OCI's?

Some freak when it comes time to get serious.

Now that's funny!

Dave Barry has a great piece tying this together. The only reason I am not posting it here because it has been done about 734256 times before :)

Since this is in the UOA section, here's my advise.

Have him get a UOA on himself to make sure he doesnt have any 'contaminants' and keep on truckin'!

In all seriousness, most women get rid of a good thing because they get bored...

So my friend's girlfriend broke up with him today, 2 weeks shy of their 1st year anniversary.

What was her TBN after the 1 year interval?
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back