phos-672
zinc-856
Vis-7.4
TBN-3.92
Oxidation-9
Nitration-7
Fuel- Soot- Water-<.1

Originally Posted By: Danno
Nice report. Really like that moly level in PYB.

That's what it's known for. I like the moly too, probably why is so quiet and smooth.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
That wear is unheard of.

Not to sound contentious or to have anything against PYB, but is your comment in regards to the way this Sonata engine is wearing, the use of PYB or on a general level? The OP's UOA is certainly good but this UOA is much better on a per mile basis (obviously different engine and oil):

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3343464/Mobil_1_5W/30_EP,_10,086_miles

I saw that UOA also and almost couldn't believe how good it was.

My PYB kick started when I first tried the PYB10w30 and if you go through and read my posts on it and PYB5w20 then you will know why I run it. Engine is quiet and smooth.

I don't know how to read a UOA other than wear metals, but does this oil look like it can go for more than 3K miles?

I got some for my Focus that will be going in soon. Already have it in my Cherokee.

Originally Posted By: Sonataman
Originally Posted By: wemay
2.0T or 2.4?

2.4L

Thanks, looks great!

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I don't know how to read a UOA other than wear metals, but does this oil look like it can go for more than 3K miles?

I got some for my Focus that will be going in soon. Already have it in my Cherokee.

It could easily go 5-6k looking at the TBN, but I operate my under non-severe service and change every 6 months regardless of mileage (typically less than 3500).

Wow thanks for posting. The miles are short but it's still probably the best 5w20 run I've ever seen in a Hyundai/KIA engine. Nice!

PYB is simply amazing stuff. My Jeep runs quieter on it than anything can't wait to get it back in there in July.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Wow thanks for posting. The miles are short but it's still probably the best 5w20 run I've ever seen in a Hyundai/KIA engine. Nice!

PYB is simply amazing stuff. My Jeep runs quieter on it than anything can't wait to get it back in there in July.

Why did you stop using it? I'm going to be putting it in my focus next OCI and already have it in the Cherokee. A mix 1x SAE30, 1X 10w-30 and 4X 5w-30

Only because I stumbled on a half price deal on an oil I'd always wanted to try. The BITOG curse of experimentation ha ha. Next OCI it's back to Pennzoil already bought some of it.

Hmm, PYB huh? Since I just bought an '11 Sonata 2.4, I believe I'll be experimenting as well! Nice looking report Sonataman
smile.gif

How many total miles on this '11 Sonata? Nice report - thanks for posting. PYB is all you need in any low stress application. I'm surprised in a way it doesn't meet Dexos1. Shell may have just made the odd batch using some extra GTL base and future production will be a little more average. This stuff in the last PQIA report certainly looks like the uber dino.

Very good report Sonataman.....BUT......to dump this oil at 3000 miles....is a waste of good oil and resources, as well as $$$.

IMO...PYB in this Sonata, can easily go to at least 6000 miles, and maybe even 7000....with a 3.92 TBN.

Go for the gusto and extend your UOA out to at least 6000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back