Toyota WS Transmission Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will go with the answer first.

Yes I can mix fluids as long as they meet spec.

I just called the dealer for WS fluid. $15.75 a quart, $56.74 for the trans filter and gasket. He advised me that I could not "mix" fluids. I did not go any further with the subject because today has been one of those days. I need to mellow out from all the nonsense that already went down today.

Can I mix fluids with WS?

This will be for a 2012 Corolla with 31k on it.

Thanks!

I don't see why not?
What fluid you intend to mix it with?
Any fluid that is compatible with Toyota WS would work.

Honda transmission are so called "sensitive" to fluid according to most honda owners that I have read about...I just put in Amsoil fuel efficient ATF in a 2012 Civic with 160k, the owner has now put on 10K more, the car runs with NO issues at all. I did Pay 7.90 per quart + tax. By the way I only did 1 Drain & Refill

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
I don't see why not?
What fluid you intend to mix it with?

I have a AMSOIL rep real close. I have their signature oil and filter in right now.

I think I want to use my neighbors Mighty Vac or something similar and exchange 3 quarts a night. 4 nights around 12 quarts total. $15 a quart from the dealer seems high.

I am not 100% on the trans oil. Buying in bulk would be my best option. Not spending $15 a quart.

Originally Posted By: Roob
You can do whatever you want, however, if still under a warranty and you want to keep it, why chance it?

True, but I personally have never seen a toyota transmission fail especially camry/corolla with the miles he has.

I have 2007 camry 2.4 and used Amoil WS ATF with no issues. I uncooked the transmission cooler line and pumped out the old...method.

I agree. Toyota transmissions are very reliable. I meant that it might put the warranty at risk if the dealer knew about it.
Some only allow you to use OEM approved fluid (usually theirs) while under warranty.

Cheers.

The trans shifts fine. Reading on this site and trying to get to a norm about OCI. Listening to the guys that drink oil and trans fluid for breakfast got me thinking about it. I have the time this weekend.

I seriously doubt anything will pop up on my 5 year 60k warranty.

I can call my AMSOIL rep.
Still about 11.50 a quart.

Is WS better because of its additive package? Is that why it is "lifetime"?

Call Toyota.....they will tell you they classify lifetime as 100k. After the warranty is up they don't have to worry about transmission problems. I'd change it every 60/75k no matter what trans fluid is in there.

I get my OEM WS at my local Carquest for $$$$cheaper might want to ask.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 06AllAmerican
The trans shifts fine. Reading on this site and trying to get to a norm about OCI. Listening to the guys that drink oil and trans fluid for breakfast got me thinking about it. I have the time this weekend.

I seriously doubt anything will pop up on my 5 year 60k warranty.

I can call my AMSOIL rep.
Still about 11.50 a quart.

Is WS better because of its additive package? Is that why it is "lifetime"?

I'm sure Maxlife>Toyota WS from what I have read here.
Amsoil>Maxlife on paper for sure.

If I were you, I would use Amsoil at preferred customer cost, $7.90 per quart?
Buy the preferred customer for $10 for 6 months then buy 2 cases of Amsoil ATF and drain & refill every 30-50K, you would be set for as atleast 300K.

Holy cow. I think I paid right around $8 or $9 a qt for WS last year at the local dealership (Illinois across from St Louis).

Originally Posted By: clinebarger
I bought a case of WS for around $100 at my Toyota dealer, It's under $10 per quart on Amazon, For some reason that dealer is gouging you.

+1
The retail price is $9/qt. Go to a different, normal dealer and ask for a discount. There is a chance you may pay even less. The filter/gasket combo goes for $16-20 in auto pars stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back