New Free-Shipping Option Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Corporate Announcements

Posted: April 16, 2014 - Announcement

Effective May 1, 2014, online/catalog retail customers in the continental U.S. will receive free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Customers who order less than $100 will be charged a flat shipping fee of $8.50. A new pricing structure has been developed for online/catalog retail customers that includes a weight-based freight markup built into the price. Because shipping costs in Canada, Hawaii and Alaska are unpredictable and much higher than those in the continental U.S., AMSOIL is unable to offer free shipping to online/catalog retail customers in those areas at this time. Canadian, Hawaiian and Alaskan online/catalog retail customers will continue paying suggested retail prices. Wholesale and suggested retail prices are not affected by the weight-based freight markup.

Not sure I like this.
I figure shipping into my costs and if I have a retail location that sells off the shelf I have to lower my margins to meet what the retail customer can get if for with free shipping.

Ex if a quart of oil is $8 and shipping is .80 I sell for $8.80. If the customer can get it for $8 I have to be able to sell at $8 or below

Originally Posted By: lubedude13
Not sure I like this.
I figure shipping into my costs and if I have a retail location that sells off the shelf I have to lower my margins to meet what the retail customer can get if for with free shipping.

Ex if a quart of oil is $8 and shipping is .80 I sell for $8.80. If the customer can get it for $8 I have to be able to sell at $8 or below

There's free shipping on a $100 which isn't a number that's hard to reach ordering Amsoil.

I understand that but dealers or preferred customers have to pay shipping. My store sells it off the shelf and I have to calculate it in my costs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lubedude13
I understand that but dealers or preferred customers have to pay shipping. My store sells it off the shelf and I have to calculate it in my costs.

Economy man, Amsoil is gonna make more money by offering free shipping. They are not concerned about you.

My Amsoil dealer gives me free shipping to my house at preferred customer price when I was one. It was cheaper to buy with him because his tax was 4% compared to 9.4% my area...

Every other Amsoil dealer charged me shipping costs, why in the world will I pay more?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Quote:

Corporate Announcements

Posted: April 16, 2014 - Announcement

Effective May 1, 2014, online/catalog retail customers in the continental U.S. will receive free shipping on orders of $100 or more. Customers who order less than $100 will be charged a flat shipping fee of $8.50. A new pricing structure has been developed for online/catalog retail customers that includes a weight-based freight markup built into the price. Because shipping costs in Canada, Hawaii and Alaska are unpredictable and much higher than those in the continental U.S., AMSOIL is unable to offer free shipping to online/catalog retail customers in those areas at this time. Canadian, Hawaiian and Alaskan online/catalog retail customers will continue paying suggested retail prices. Wholesale and suggested retail prices are not affected by the weight-based freight markup.

100$ = free shipping
Otherwise it works like this:

X-amount plus 8.50 shipping regardless if your a PC account or not, correct?

Originally Posted By: DragRace
Originally Posted By: Pablo
How Free Shipping Works

That link doesnt work.

From what I can tell,you order 100$ worth of stuff,shipping is free. PC cost is still a good deal IMO.

Sorry yes - need to be logged in as a dealer. Try this link:

Amsoil Shipping Info

This a pretty cool deal even if the total is under $100. A case of any OE oil is now $8.50 for freight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back