Craftsman Leaf Blower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how many hours this engine is rated for? http://www.craftsman.com/craftsman-25cc-...mp;blockType=G3
Local Ace Hardware is running a sale on a similar craftsman blower. Listed at $100 but marked down to $80.

Normally I would just go for the Echo, but my blower gets minimum use for most of the year. Leaves are mulched by the mower and blower serves mainly to blow the leaves (and snow) off the patio and clean out the garage. My last blower was a craftsman that I bought out of a guy's front yard for $35 and it lasted me 5 years. Just curious what others had to say on the matter. Perhaps it's time for me to stop being cheap.

I have this blower, very powerful. So far i am pleased.

Hitachi

119740_hg10817a_specs06.jpg

Last edited:
I paid about $130 or so . i ordered it from home depot. ordered it through the store so i did not pay shipping.

I bought it last year. I used it before winter and during, as i have a lot of leaves. I cranked right up last week after sitting.

170mph and 441 cfm

Last edited:
That engine is rated to be EPA emission compliant for 50 hours, but it will operate for far more than that.

But all that equipment is guaranteed to run properly like one day out of the box. And then be a major headache, unless you adjust properly the carburetor, you just need to get or fabricate the tool and you can get many years of use with it

I purchased the equivalent Craftsman model 5 years ago. Still runs great, just fired it up today for the first time since last fall. Thought I was having problems with it last summer/fall and discovered the carb needed adjusted. Runs like new (probably even better).

I take pretty good care of it. Every season I change the plug, clean/oil the air filter, and use SeaFoam in all the gas. I've changed the fuel filter once.

The Tanaka/Hitachi would be my first choice I love my Tanaka OPE and is my first choice when getting new OPE.

The Craftsman will be rated to 50 hours. Echo/Stihl/Tanaka/Hitachi will be rated to 300 hours.

You can get that green Hitachi above from Home Depot right now for $129 minus $10 internet coupon = $119. It is a re-badged Tanaka and is a solid value.

Check your pawn shops and Craigslist. They often have decent deals $50-$100 for gently used Echo and Stihl blowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back