Online GM parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any experience with the following web sites for GM parts?

gmpartsgiant.com (out of CA - no address given)

gmpartshouse.com (the address shows as a house in PA - maybe it is run out of there and
they have a relationship with a dealer?)

onlinegmparts.com (looks like it is a dealer, but I looked up the dealer and there are several possible ones - one in IL, SC, and PA)

Any other online GM dealers you've worked with that are good please let me know.

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl

gmpartshouse.com (the address shows as a house in PA - maybe it is run out of there and

Three years ago, I ordered Ecotec parts from the first outfit. Hard lesson; I learned when in doubt with such places, get them to confirm that what I want is actually in stock. In my case, they took my order, and NEVER told me it was out of stock until I inquired; was able to cancel the order without a charge. Maybe they've mended ways 3 years later.
The second one looks more promising imho.
Good luck.
Kevin

Wally,
I've bought from GM Parts Direct a couple times
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

Their prices were pretty good and I didn't have any problems. I think they are a dealer somewhere back east.

onlinegmparts.com (looks like it is a dealer, but I looked up the dealer and there are several possible ones - one in IL, SC, and PA)

Any other online GM dealers you've worked with that are good please let me know.

NewGMparts.com

^ I ordered this morning - the address I'm seeing is Buzzards Bay, MA. I can report back in a few days. My experience is usually to call up places if you can find a number, ask a question or two, you'll know really quick what type of treatment you're going to get.

When I was looking for wheels for my winter tires I found a nice dealer in SC that was going to cut a much better deal than anything else I found. The guy that answered the phone when i called actaully had a pulse and instead of responding with "I think so" or "we'll cancel the order if it's wrong" actually responded with "let me find out while your on the phone".

Originally Posted By: 99Saturn
NewGMparts.com

^ I ordered this morning - the address I'm seeing is Buzzards Bay, MA. I can report back in a few days. My experience is usually to call up places if you can find a number, ask a question or two, you'll know really quick what type of treatment you're going to get.

They look pretty reputable. I don't like places that don't have a physical address listed or phone number and they do. I also like that their web site works well and when you read the "about us" and other sections it is clear the excerpts were written by people that actually speak English.

Please report back with your experience with them.

I'm also going to just call my local dealer and see how much they are and how quick until they can get the parts in, but fear their prices will be MSRP.

Stonebriar chevrolet in frisco tx is where I get all mine. They have a site but I always just call Josh to get what I need. Gmpartsgiant is what I use for online parts diagrams.

What part(s) are you looking for? I'm assuming that lowest cost is the motive here, yes? Watch for high shipping costs when buying direct from dealerships online.

If I want genuine GM parts, I'll search for the part number (most online GM dealers will not provide this info). Sometimes the Rock Auto catalog will have the GM part number listed for say, a Standard Ignition part.

With the GM part number in hand, I either see if Rock Auto has it or I search Amazon or eBay for it.

Some GM dealerships sell on eBay as well. I purchased a new valve body separator plate and some sealing rings for my trans rebuild project from a GM dealer selling on eBay.

Depending on what you're looking for, you have no choice but to walk in and talk to the parts counter directly.

Originally Posted By: T-Bone
Wally,
I've bought from GM Parts Direct a couple times
http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

Their prices were pretty good and I didn't have any problems. I think they are a dealer somewhere back east.

GM Parts Direct is a part of Flow Chevrolet in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. They are one of the better online GM vendors for price and service IMHO. As good as any and better than most.
smile.gif

I have also ordered from GMPartsDirect dot com...

Parts came promptly, my only gripe was the shipping costs.

Prices were 20% lower than over the counter at my local Chevy dealer, including the shipping...

Another vote for http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/
I have a friend who is a dealer so i get better prices than even here, ask your local dealer if he will match the prices plush the shipping. many times they will.

The only parts i cant get a decent deal on is Ford but i don't work on them anyway if i can help it.

Thanks for all the feedback. I ordered from newgmparts.com. I would have ordered from gmpartsdirect but I wanted a couple fuses in addition to the trunk latch and they only sold the fuses in packs of 25. It is worth the $4 more or so for me to not have to go to a parts store to buy the fuses myself and instead have everything shipped right to my door in one box.

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats
I have also ordered from GMPartsDirect dot com...

Parts came promptly, my only gripe was the shipping costs.

Prices were 20% lower than over the counter at my local Chevy dealer, including the shipping...

The bolded above is also the ONLY complaint I've ever heard about them as well.

I use either amazon, Rock Auto, or the 'internet discount' division of my local Chevy dealer (Fred Beans), which is also a national site, even though I call them up to order the parts/fluids they give me the discounted price.
I can even pick them up at the local NAPA store, which they own, to save shipping costs.
smile.gif
wink.gif

NewGMparts.com

They look pretty reputable. I don't like places that don't have a physical address listed or phone number and they do. I also like that their web site works well and when you read the "about us" and other sections it is clear the excerpts were written by people that actually speak English.

Please report back with your experience with them.

I'm also going to just call my local dealer and see how much they are and how quick until they can get the parts in, but fear their prices will be MSRP.

So - mixed results as of now for me. IMO nothing that is any fault of the site.

The part # I ordered apparently does not match what was in the diagram (I was ordering based on what I saw in the diagram). I traded a few emails and the guys that responded were very helpful - I actually think I ordered from them years back when I needed something for my Saturn.

I did stumble on one other site:
www.oegmparts.com
which offers (for the parts I looked at) very competitive prices and shipping (only place online that would give estimated shipping at $1.xx for the small plastic piece I'm looking for. I contacted them and did receive a response pretty quickly as well.

So - mixed results as of now for me. IMO nothing that is any fault of the site.

The part # I ordered apparently does not match what was in the diagram (I was ordering based on what I saw in the diagram). I traded a few emails and the guys that responded were very helpful - I actually think I ordered from them years back when I needed something for my Saturn.

I did stumble on one other site:
www.oegmparts.com
which offers (for the parts I looked at) very competitive prices and shipping (only place online that would give estimated shipping at $1.xx for the small plastic piece I'm looking for. I contacted them and did receive a response pretty quickly as well.

Thanks for the update. I made my order with them a couple days ago. They had the outdated part on their diagram, too, for my part. But I had the updated part number and typed it into their search and it came up and so that is what I ordered. Still hasn't shipped as far as I can tell, I bet they didn't have it in stock. I'm not in a big hurry, but sooner is always better.

I was satisfied with a recent order from gmpartscenter dot net. I think they are a dealer from Arizona.

For the items I needed, their prices were a bit higher than gmpartsdirect, but they charged a flat 8.95 shipping fee. Also, they would sell me one quart of synthetic p/s fluid (at half the parts counter price), where the other site would only sell it by the case.

I got the parts today, less than a week after placing my order. The parts were genuine. I installed the tailgate latch today and it works great. Took about an hour, most of it trying to figure out how to properly get the interior paneling back on the tailgate.

My ONLY complaint: they packed the part inside of a small box, which was inside of a slightly larger box. Between the two boxes was packing material, but instead of bubble wrap or newspaper or whatever, they used finely shredded paper. It was a mess getting the small box out from the big box.

I'd highly recommend newgmparts.com.

I've used crateenginedepot.com and have been very happy with them. They're primarily a GM Performance Parts dealer (they're based out of Rock Chevrolet in Grayslake IL) but if you need something that's not on their site, they usually can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back