Happy Porsche 911 owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERY single car maker and every single model has a small percentage of bad apples. Just the way it goes. Unfortunate for the owners but at least a slight risk only in new car buying.

This guy deserves nothing from Porsche. He shot himself in foot making this lame video, hope Porsche does nothing above lemon laws and warranty.

This video has been up for several weeks on rennlist.com -- see http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/99...new-video.html. On that board, I think it's fair to say that Nick Murray's videos (he has several) have been well received by many who own new 991s. Also, jfi, Porsche USA has offered to buy back the car and the only issue now is how much, if anything, Nick will pay per mile for the period he owned the car.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
EVERY single car maker and every single model has a small percentage of bad apples. Just the way it goes. Unfortunate for the owners but at least a slight risk only in new car buying.

This guy deserves nothing from Porsche. He shot himself in foot making this lame video, hope Porsche does nothing above lemon laws and warranty.

Why? He was sold a defective product and Porsche needs to make good on it.

They should give him a 911 Turbo plus some cash or free whatever for his trouble. Unacceptable from any manufacturer but Porsche should be ashamed of passing a piece of trash like this through QC then saddling someone with it.
Someone needs to loose their job or a least be reassigned to something more in line with their skills like pushing a broom.

That persons name is right on the car! He should forget Porsche NA and go right to Porsche direct. Call Auto Bild and Auto Motor und Sport and tell his story.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/kontakt-649547.html

http://www.autobild.de/kontakt/kontakt.html

IMO, he needs to be paid MORE than what he paid for his vehicle considering his time and aggreviation. (Not to mention, the vehicle is unsafe to drive and posses a danger to himself & others on the road.) They (Porsche/VW) are crazy allowing this to go on.

Hello, Another dimension of the "let someone else take the hit" argument for buying used cars.

Also, could it be the case that his dealer sold him a car which had been smashed or even flooded?

As an aside, I feel the car business is so dirty and dishonest that besides the possibility of knowingly selling this candy @$$ fellow a repaired car, I wouldn't put it past any Porsche dealer to regard their customers (those who'd buy a sports car in the first place) as deserving targets of abuse.

Interesting, Kira

Porsche owes him a car.Then send the car back to the factory for a complete tear down video'd as a training film for staff.

You pay a chunk,you expect a working vehicle.Nothing unreasonable there.

I think he deserves a free car, after all the wasted time with a clear lemon. I also think he's handling it pretty well, I would be far more upset. 60 days in the shop total ? Is he getting a free rentals for this time period? You can bet the rental isn't a 911.

This is going to turn out as such:

1. Car has lots of problems, owner gets upset
2. Owner starts publicizing issues online, other enthusiasts stand behind him
3. Manufacturer doesn't help
4. More enthusiasts and owners back the guy
5. Manufacturer changes their mind and makes customer happy

This is SOP for these situations, from what we've seen in the past. Porsche will fight the guy on it a bit, but make good and deliver a new car.

Originally Posted By: 1foxracing
Is Volkswagen the new Lucas electrics?
NSFW Language
\

Just saw this a lil bit ago on Jalopnik. I feel sooo bad for this guy.

I would have mounted the dash cam and then go over a speedbump, which made him car turn off suddenly and purposely crash the thing. Then blame Porsche for the crash due to the issue and get a Ferrari with the lawsuit money he wins. LOL.

I don't understand why he's dragging it out this long. I would have snapped already if it was me.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12

Why? He was sold a defective product and Porsche needs to make good on it.

I agree. While no manufacturer is perfect and these things will happen, high end like Porsche should certainly make the guy whole. By whole I mean replace with a vehicle equal to what he has minus acceptable depreciation.

I hope this happens to you X100......did you really just say that. I guess its ok for you in your world to get jacked for 100 grand. I wish I could live in this magical weld where its ok to screw people.

I wonder what settlements have been offered. Depreciation is dreadful.

Personally I would have traded this back in with the settlement moved on after enough issues. This video he is stuck with this as no one wants it including Porsche. He seems to wallow in the misery.

Originally Posted By: Trav
They should give him a 911 Turbo plus some cash.........

Originally Posted By: sparky123
IMO, he needs to be paid MORE than what he paid for his vehicle considering his time and aggreviation.

I agree that Porsche should replace the car, but why does he deserve anything beyond that? Has our society degraded so far that we must be compensated every time things don't work out like we expect?

Cool video it was shot down the street from my house, shocked the heck out of me.

No idea who this guy is but if he is taking it to the Porsche of Fairfield that's half the problem. The Mercedes dealer down their are criminals, I don't imagine the P car dealer to be any better.

He should just lemon law it, or take the buy back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back