Identifying what motor an oil filter is used on

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought a large number of oil filters new in sealed boxes. Is there a site that will tell me what each filter fits?
They are:
Quaker State:
QS-2825, QS-2865A, QS-2951, QS-2977A,
QS-2849A, QS-3512, QS-3651A, QS-3651ABLK,
QS-3816, QS-3862C, QS-3963,
QSG-3727, QSG-3802A,

Purolator L24457

Service Pro M111, M195.

STP S2808

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

wixfilters.com also gives good cross references. Maybe even primary uses.

If you look a part up on rock auto, sometimes under "info" it shows what all it fits.

For all your Quaker State filters it would not hurt to call

Technical Oil Filter Hotline At 1-800-526-4250. For Quaker State and ask for a cross reference guide.

You can go to napaonline.com, type the part number in the search bar, and check off the box that says "Interchange" right above the search bar. Then click Search. The equivalent Napa Gold part number pops up. Click on the equivalent Napa filter. On the filter's page, click on "Buyer's Guide." It'll show all the vehicles it fits.

The WIX sight helped a lot. We can live with their info. They gave applications and thread sizes on most all of them. Thanks to everyone, especially eljefino.

These are all goof suggestions. You might also want to get some white tape, and write down the gasket diameters and thread specifications on a short piece of tape, and put this on each filter or box. Then you can check to see if they will fit on a given car by cross referencing the specs for that car's filters. The tape lets you keep the information at hand.

As an example, the QS-3816 is the equivalent as the WIX 51374.
It will fit my Avalon just fine. The 3/4-16 thread and gasket diameters are OK.

I remember at Tires Plus that the filter book had a section "Buyer's Guide."

In that section, it would list a Champ part number, and a list of all the cars that it fit.

I thought of it as a filter guide book in reverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back