WIX 51334 cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came off a 2012 Elantra with 5w20 VWB. The consensus here for the most part is to use OEM, but this did the job just fine. No start up rattle whatsoever even on severe cold starts. Filter has about 4500 miles on it. I'm giving the Fram Ultra a try now with Pure Plus.

Looks Great. I too have never experienced the 'start up rattle' using aftermkt filters.

Wow that is a small filter, my wife's 99 ody uses that filter, good thing I have an oversized filter arriving tomorrow.

That does look tiny ... wonder what the media area is? Maybe you can make a few quick measurements and calculate the area.

Area = 2 x pleat depth x pleat length x number of pleats.

The consensus here for the most part is to use OEM

Who says OEM is King? I feel, filter wise, it dosnt get much better than wix for the price; the aftermarket world can be so much more than OEMs could ever offer as far as filters and fluids go.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
That does look tiny ... wonder what the media area is? Maybe you can make a few quick measurements and calculate the area.

Pleat depth: 10/16" (.625)
Pleat length: 1.5"
50 pleats

93.75"

I've used nothing but Wix made Napa's on our KIA since we got it without the slightest issue. They even say "made in South Korea" on them.

Nice looking Wix again.

As always, thanks for cutting and posting!

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Pleat depth: 10/16" (.625)
Pleat length: 1.5"
50 pleats

93.75"

More than I thought by just looking at it. The pleats are pretty deep. By comparison, most Purolator filters have a pleat depth of 0.375 ~ 0.400"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back