2015 Toyota Camry

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks a lot nicer than the model currently sitting on the lots. Probably the best looking Camry in over a decade.

Leave it to Toyota to put a nice sequential-capable shifter and a proper dual-gauge speedo/tach combo in a friggin' Camry...where a number of its market peers leave some of those features out.

Don't like it. Reminds me of a Mazada, just not as bad. That grill just looks wrong.

I think the current gen looks better than the prior one (the one I have). I don't think it's cognitive dissonance, but I just don't care for it. I'd rather the 2014 I think. Actually I'd rather have mine, provided I could get a stick--the six speed manual is a gimmick, but it still has a proper clutch.

How funny! The Darth Vader edition Camry. I'll take mine in black please.

Seriously, I hope it looks better in person. Otherwise I'm going to hear Star Wars music every time I see it.

One bump on the old fogey noggin getting in that silly chopped roof and I'll kick those fancy fenders into a pile of junk with my #12 steel toed boot.

Way way overbaked if i'm seeing the correct photos(link is barracuda'd_.
Maybe styled to attract the same silly boys as the last Hyundai Sonata fluidic sculpture vs. the decidedly gorgeous Kia Optima or the even the Aston(?)inspired Mazda 6

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Looks great! Except for the rear ... it says Hyundai.

Nice interior, too.
Exactly, Lexus-ish front end grafted to a Hyundai back-end,. Not that I have a problem with Hyundais
smirk.gif
But I didn't think Toyota would be copying them.

Looks fine except for that grill... Either version is too big. I think it will be "refreshed" in a couple of years or sooner.
Mitsubishi did those grills to death and theirs looked better.

^ I gotta agree with all the comments about the front. Not a fan.

Still.... I do think it's the best looking Camry in a long time, but I've never really thought of the Camry as a "looker."

A Camry with pizzaz - a good idea, I guess, but they've made milquetoast so long, it looks like they just don't know how to do it.

Maybe it looks better in person.

If they really wanted to jazz it up, they could ditch the wrong wheel drive, and make a proper RWD sedan. Toyota used to make terrific RWD cars - no reason they can't again.

For a plain jane car I'd rather have FWD--easier in the snow. Less intrusion in the cabin too, no driveshaft hump.

Originally Posted By: supton
For a plain jane car I'd rather have FWD--easier in the snow. Less intrusion in the cabin too, no driveshaft hump.

A rwd Camry would be such a nice do it all car though if you don't need great snow capabilities. Simple, powerful, relatively light, reliable. I'd love an older 3 series but they don't work for Camry money...
I suspect the difference in manufacturing costs between fwd and rwd isn't that much, 5%? All the rwd coupes base models go for Camry money after all.

From what I have seen for new model sales, most BMW and Mercedes in New England region are either "X" or "4-matic" aka nobody buys a rear wheel drive car around here any more.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
From what I have seen for new model sales, most BMW and Mercedes in New England region are either "X" or "4-matic" aka nobody buys a rear wheel drive car around here any more.

Yes, people are gobbling up the marketing spiel that having AWD will save their butts, when in fact it's the proper winter tires that make all the difference. Alas, car makers aren't in the business of selling winter tires. They're in the business of selling pricy AWD systems.
smile.gif

On top of that, getting a second set of winter tires isn't as simple as it once was. All new BMWs and most MBs now have RFTs and no spare. Not even a space under the trunk floor to store one. So when you do get those winter tires, you'll have to also buy a jack, a lug wrench, and start carrying a spare that will be taking up your trunk space and sliding around at every turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back