Transmission filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and while a filter may be fine not changing or letting it go long intervals i still think its a good idea to just see what the pan looks like, metal build up on the pan etc.

and if you don't have a torque convertor its hard to get old fluid out otherwise.

When I needed a trans filter for my 4L80E I wanted a USA made one and the ONLY one I found was an ACDelco. Granted I am sure some of their filters are china made, but when looking , I saw that the wix and also the napa was china as well. Surprised me.

Originally Posted By: chevys10
Filter I bought last year from Carquest said SPX/Filtran on the box

That's where I bought my last filtran, thanks ill have to check there again.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: chevys10
Filter I bought last year from Carquest said SPX/Filtran on the box

That's where I bought my last filtran, thanks ill have to check there again.

The last time (4 yrs.) I bought a Filtran from Carquest, it was made in China while the dealer Filtran was made in the US. If I remember correctly, the Carquest box and instructions were a bit misleading. It mentions Filtran design/engineered or something to the effect.

The Carquest filter looked exactly like the OEM one. Its just the old part of me being disgusted, still, about all this import stuff.

For a real treat, try a Felpro gasket. They come flat, unfolded and are very stout, unlike rubber and cork.

Well the filtrans at my CQ are made in china, I found some AC Delco filters on eBay what one should go with the china filtran or the eBay AC Delco?

Originally Posted By: Mkos1980
When I needed a trans filter for my 4L80E I wanted a USA made one and the ONLY one I found was an ACDelco. Granted I am sure some of their filters are china made, but when looking , I saw that the wix and also the napa was china as well. Surprised me.

Yep, I got a Delco from Rockauto. Took back the O'Reilly house brand filter because it was made in China.

Got the Delco from UPS, and guess what: made in China
laugh.gif
That being said it looks to be better constructed.

But still...really? AC Delco stuff is made in China now? Fail....

Hrmmmm this sure looks an AWEFUL lot like the AC Delco I got from Rockauto. Like EXACTLY:

http://www.carquest.com/webapp/wcs/store...0012?acesApp=1#

I don't see any Fel-Pro gaskets for my 440T4, how are these Victor Reinz gaskets?

Last edited:
Working at Advance Autos part time, I compared our Driveworks/ProKing China Filters to the few China made AC Delco filters and to me, the media padding on the lower prices filters were not as tightly wound as the AC Delcos. The Delcos media looked thicker and better made.

Example (Cheaper filter mesh looked like a brillo pad, the higher quality looked like a sponge.)

I got my USA made Filtran filter from Amazon.

I had to order a WIX from O Reilly's today. All they had in stock were the generic China brands.. The WIX was a $2 upgrade.

IIRC, AZ had a Fram filter, but it was nearly double. The Napa filter was about that same price as well.

Originally Posted By: Mkos1980
Working at Advance Autos part time, I compared our Driveworks/ProKing China Filters to the few China made AC Delco filters and to me, the media padding on the lower prices filters were not as tightly wound as the AC Delcos. The Delcos media looked thicker and better made.

Example (Cheaper filter mesh looked like a brillo pad, the higher quality looked like a sponge.)

I got my USA made Filtran filter from Amazon.

What brand?

Is it safe to say the WIX and O Reilly's MircoGuard brand are pretty identical?

Just like the base WIX, MircoGuard and Napa Silvers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back