Old Rush...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we can't turn this conversation political, what are we supposed to discuss about this narcotic abusing serial divorcee?

Originally Posted By: LazyPrizm
Since we can't turn this conversation political, what are we supposed to discuss about this narcotic abusing serial divorcee?

Well, we can say that he single-handedly saved AM radio, spawned a new genre of infotainment, and, as you point out, went to rehab for prescription pain medication addiction. He has also raised millions of dollars for leukemia and lymphoma. I think he was fired from every job he ever had, until he came up with his own unique shtick with which he has been very successful.

He is also stone deaf, due to an autoimmune disorder. He uses a cochlear implant.

I think I've listened to about 2 minutes total of him. Learned I did not care for the talk show format in general.

I kinda wish AM would go back to oldies. Once in a while I get into the mood to listen to big band or similar. Whenever I scan the band it is mostly a wasteland. I guess its no loss, as you can't drive a mile before yet another powerline is making noise. I'm not sure AM radio was worth saving. But it seems odd to wish AM radio to die off.

Perhaps my jab was too subtle for today's caliber of well informed, high-information BITOGer.

I have *no* problem with what drugs a person indulges in at home. I don't care who you marry, divorce or how many times you do it. I do find it odious when someone does these things in their life and preaches that everyone *else* who does is some kind of grave threat to society.

I will concede that he certainly did a good job monetizing the field of perpetually threatened and outraged old white guys.

Listening to Rush got me hooked on talk radio. I,too,would love to hear some good,old,obscure music broadcasts on am. It's mostly spanish music on am. Back in the 80s (when I was in highschool) there was an awesome am stereo station that played obscure 60s rock,mixed in with hits/pop/etc. The dj's would actually bring in records from their own music collection and play them on the air. Turned me on to some KILLER music that if it weren't for them,I'd never know existed.

Originally Posted By: SF0059
narcotic abusing serial divorcee?

Doesn't that describe almost everyone in media and entertainment?

Ironically, it doesn't seem to describe the 3 members of the other "old Rush."

Ironic given that rock stars are expected to be narcotic abusing serial divorcees! :)

perpetually threatened and outraged old white guys.

Doesn't that describe most BITOGers?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Ironically, it doesn't seem to describe the 3 members of the other "old Rush."

Ironic given that rock stars are expected to be narcotic abusing serial divorcees! :)

"It's pronounced 'y-y-zed!'"
smile.gif

Sounds like you're jealous..
grin2.gif

Rush is pretty good at making observations and pointing out hypocrisy on the left. Not as good at pointing out the same on the right or providing solutions.

But to tie in with the jury duty topic, taking any of his books into the gallery to read while waiting to be called is a pretty good way to avoid being empaneled for a jury
smile.gif

I listened to him for years. He certainly did a lot to further the conservative cause. However, I must confess that after he got hooked on prescription drugs, I found it difficult to listen to him anymore. Mostly because he lied about it for a long time before he came clean. Not exactly a conservative virtue.
These days I don't much like listening to talk radio. Nothing gets solved...the country keeps going in the direction it chooses. All talk radio does is raise my blood pressure. The older I get....the less tolerance I have for irritations.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
I listened to him for years. He certainly did a lot to further the conservative cause. However, I must confess that after he got hooked on prescription drugs, I found it difficult to listen to him anymore. Mostly because he lied about it for a long time before he came clean. Not exactly a conservative virtue.
These days I don't much like listening to talk radio. Nothing gets solved...the country keeps going in the direction it chooses. All talk radio does is raise my blood pressure. The older I get....the less tolerance I have for irritations.
+ 1

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Listening to Rush got me hooked on talk radio. I,too,would love to hear some good,old,obscure music broadcasts on am. It's mostly spanish music on am. Back in the 80s (when I was in highschool) there was an awesome am stereo station that played obscure 60s rock,mixed in with hits/pop/etc. The dj's would actually bring in records from their own music collection and play them on the air. Turned me on to some KILLER music that if it weren't for them,I'd never know existed.

Was it an AM station out of Beaumont, TX? I used to pick one up in Lafayette, LA, in the late '70s -- can't recall the call letters, but they played a great mix of music.

Dues paid Ditto Head on board, i have listened to to el Rushbo since 1989 on AFN Europe then later online in fact watching the ditto cam right now.

Savage is the man, i listen live and rebroadcast on weekends.
lol.gif

Saturday and Sunday in My house, my Moms and my Brothers is 100% Rush and Savage rebroadcast.

In the morning its Stuart Varney then Greta, Bill O'Reilly and Meagan Kelly every week night.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Was it an AM station out of Beaumont, TX? I used to pick one up in Lafayette, LA, in the late '70s -- can't recall the call letters, but they played a great mix of music.

It was KRQX 570am out of Dallas,Texas. I still have a ton of air checks I recorded on cassette tape. I think they were around from 1983 to maybe 1986? I wonder how long the am stereo fad lasted?

Trav, you are like me! I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh or Savage on the radio, but I go to the websites. I also like Greta, Bill O'Reilly, Meagan Kelly, and I like the Judge on the weekends. I also go to the websites of Michelle Malkin and Sister Toldjah.

I know a woman who is retired but she works part time. Her husband watches FOX News but she likes NBC News. I have to tell her all kinds of stuff that NBC News does not and will not cover. And she watches NBC News all the time. But she will not watch FOX News. She, her husband, and her two daughters and me often travel together, doing photography, seeing various interesting places.

I am stunned about all of the stuff the other news networks refuse to talk about. They will cover only some of the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back