OIL CHANGE IN M3 WITH PICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this car not have a drain plug? And wow thats some thick oil for your area! I think the 0w40 M1 will be better for you.

Last edited:
Its what it calls for if you drive the snot out of it, and to cover up the failure of rod bearings. I don't drive the snot out of it, I drive it like its meant to, no need to ride the redline.

And I guarantee you this engine and vanos system will like this a lot more, ill be posting samples, and after this run....ceratec going in with subsequent doses of mos2.

It does have a drain plug, but car is so low I couldn't get jack under it.....and it does not get driven in winter, never has.....start ups would not be fun in -40 with 10w60.

I completely understand why people drain fluids this way. I do my transmission with a cheap harbor freight hand pump and it still seems like a better idea than dropping the pan and making any mess. I wouldn't mind having an electric pump, I might look into that.

Ya so much easier! one I purchased was for marine and has 2 clamps that attach to battery posts, only annoying thing for me was I had to pull my truck up close to the car because battery in m3 is in the trunk, but even easier for vehicles with bat under hood. If oil was thinner prob would have drained in half the time.

Originally Posted By: domer10
It does have a drain plug, but car is so low I couldn't get jack under it.....and it does not get driven in winter, never has.....start ups would not be fun in -40 with 10w60.

Do they have Harbor Freight in Canada?

Down here you can get a 2.5-ton low profile jack for $70. It goes as low as 2.5 inches and as high as 19 inches. So the range is from 6-49 cm

I dont believe they do, Ill double check right now...Im gonna check out some local places round here, cause I am going to need one eventually, going to do brakes in a few weeks. Hopefully I can land one for that price around here.....

Thanks for the heads up!

Originally Posted By: domer10
I dont believe they do, Ill double check right now...Im gonna check out some local places round here, cause I am going to need one eventually, going to do brakes in a few weeks. Hopefully I can land one for that price around here.....

Thanks for the heads up!

CT has a really low aluminum one that I use on my 3'er and my M5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back