Just how crazy, exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are small minded to believe that we are the only ones in an infinite universe. Whether they are capable of arriving here is the question for me.

Read some of the other stuff he's come up with over the past few years. He's a bit of a crank, to say the least. Very little in his life, even as a politician, has been even remotely approaching mainstream for a couple decades.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
98% of the adult, non-religious only believe in what they can see, hear, smell or feel.

If that were the case, we'd be living in a VERY different world.

The guy is a crackpot looking to bolster financial support for his imaginary cause.

same with the Medium world I encounter.

Mediums, mind readers, psychics and the like are nothing more than clever scam artists preying upon very gullible people.

tinhat1.png

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I think we are small minded to believe that we are the only ones in an infinite universe. Whether they are capable of arriving here is the question for me.

I agree

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
The guy is a crackpot looking to bolster financial support for his imaginary cause.

Mediums, mind readers, psychics and the like are nothing more than clever scam artists preying upon very gullible people.

Attitudes like this amuse me. Just because you can't see it doesn't make it real.

Sure the author might be a scam. Someone is always carrying on a grift however to make a blanket statement such as yours pop rivit truly shows exactly the man you are.
Remember. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed,it merely changes form.
I pity you. For once this life is over Popsicle pivot and you see the light and that door closes and you can only go into the darkness you'll wish you'd have lived your life differently.
And it'll be too late.
For those who live as though there isn't a higher power,and you feel you won't have to answer for all choices made with your time in this vessel we call a body,
What if your wrong?

I died and was resuscitated after being stabbed in the throat and my carotid artery was nicked.
I clearly remember seeing the nurse in top of me,a bun in her hair. She was doing chest compressions because my heart stopped.
It was in an ambulance from golden to Calgary.
I watched her work on my and I saw the medic from the front climb into the back bay where he was charging up the paddles.
They said I was dead for 3 minutes.
I watched from above as they worked in me.
I clearly remember there being these,what I thought were clips in the nurses bun in her hair.
Apparently they were seri he's filled with morphine.
Because I was in a gurney and tied down it was impossible for me to see them in my laying down position.
She couldn't believe when I asked what they were since she knew in my gurney they weren't visible. I could have only seen them if I saw from a top view.

You guys are entitled to believe whatever you choose however I assure you when on your deathbed,you'll see what I saw
Then you'll know that this life is only the beginning. Consider it a journey and this body/vessel is only a tool to achieve what you require to take the next step.
Dying is a wonderful thing. It's the next step in the journey

How many steps are there? I dont know however I do know that your consciousness doesn't expire with the body,it lives on.
I'm speaking from experience. Not from some book or what someone told me.
I saw what I saw. I felt what I felt. There is more after this life.
Those who choose not to believe get to keep coming back to this painful world full of suffering and sorrow,which isn't going to get better any time soon.
Those of us who have seen and know get to shed these earthly restraints and true freedom is had.
My personal death experience. Those of you whom have died once already know what I'm talking about. Those who choose not to see are doomed to repeat history.

Couldn't agree more.
People are so ignorant and gullible in things they WANT to believe. And as long as that is the case, plenty of folks will make money off it.

I am the Medium that encounters a different world. What you read / what my words say there, wasn't digested by you correctly.

Poster Clevy knows exactly where I'm coming from.

Mediums have been debunked time and time again.

Science has recently explained the near death experience. The mind is a powerful thing.

Its no coincidence that when you challenge mysticism, you get an emotional response. That's because the desire to believe in these things is the strongest emotion in the people who hold these beliefs as absolute truths.

Superstition and supernatural baloney aside, the ONLY thing that has improved the human condition has been the engineers. They develop little things like pumps to irrigate fields, the transmission of electrical power to bring comfort to us, the fuels and equipment to transport us where we need to be. The materials we need to construct viable buildings and so on.

Nothing in our experience points to an alien being being concerned for the Earth's well being, or the social issues of using the A-bomb.

Quote:
His testimony is backed up by hundreds of other high ranking military and political personnel all over the world, including official documents released by dozens of governments worldwide that have officially acknowledged the presence of UFOs.

???

If I told you that millions of years ago, during the Cretaceous Period, the common ancestor to Homo sapiens was a rodent you would laugh and call me a liar.

So how could we possibly have an intelligent conversation about extraterrestrial life? LINK LINK2 LINK3

No, I wouldn't. The recent discovery pushes the time back more . I have been reading about this old shrew like critter since high school. I graddgeeated in 1969. It is older news than than continental drift.

Dinosaurs turning into birds to survive the meteor strike that laid down the iridium layer and created the Yucatan when it hit.

The stuff mankind was into after evolving to an agricultural society was truly mind boggling. Hunter gatherers don't build pyramids. But farmers did, rather, the head merchant in charge of all the grain did. and looked at the sky I laid on my back in the 5000 yr old rock pile that the pre-Celtic people built at New Grange.and looked at the sky 50 feet above me. Built on a hill top, it has a commanding view of the countryside It was set up as celestial observatory/mausoleum. bastion.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

It's not just "small minded", but it also is a grand display of mankinds' totally overblown EGO, and (can't say it on here) fanaticism.

Originally Posted By: GenSan
So how could we possibly have an intelligent conversation about extraterrestrial life?

The biggest problem here isn't that there might be intelligent life elsewhere, or there probably is intelligent life elsewhere. Hellyer has come up with some pretty cranky stuff, notably that there have been no less than four species who have visited Earth in the past several thousand years and that some are working for the U.S. government.

First off, is he a geneticist or a population biologist? How did he determine that there have been four different species? Let me guess - someone told him. What's his source for the thousands of years business? And no, Ancient Aliens is not a source. How about the idea of aliens working in the U.S. government? Weekly World News isn't a source, either.

Basically, we have two options here. The first option is that there is a giant conspiracy, and he is the only official to release these specific details, while everyone else in the U.S. and Canadian governments is keeping quiet by choice or fear. Of course, since politicians and bureaucrats never leak sensitive information, and Snowden and Assange intentionally redacted the ET stuff, this is completely plausible.
crazy.gif

The other option is that he's totally off his rocker.

interesting replies
it really makes you think though, doesn't it? shouldn't it?

this earth is old as balls, and we're all pretty new

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Dying is a wonderful thing. It's the next step in the journey

i bet you've seen some stuff bro

I think its cool that you guys are comfortable enough with your bodies to call yourselves mediums - most guys overcompensate and would refer to themselves as larges.

Clevy, where is this limit of consciousness? Do all animals experience it? Only Humans? What about our close relatives, like chimps? How long has it been going on? Caveman? Sure. Okay, pre- Homo sapiens? What was there before we evolved to this state? Single celled bacteria sure don't have a consciousness, so at one point did that just develop? And so then you're saying that every living being or human, since whatever starting point, that has died, has their "conscious" floating around? Doesn't that get crowded? What about a miscarriage - did that 'person' develop enough to share in this experience? I believe that people can have a near-death experience and/or a similar out-of-body feeling (alien abductions?), yet this doesn't prove the existence of something beyond. Perhaps there is something in your subconscious that was planted/imagined from TV shows or past stories - most of these experiences are reportedly quite similar.

I think we (current humans and our ancestors) are afraid of the dark - i.e. death. We worry that there is nothing more, so we make up stories about what happens when you die. You shouldn't have to have an unprovable consequence looming over your head in order to "live right". Morality should not be based upon fear. Although I understand that this is the way that it must be seen for many people in order to behave. That is sad to me. We should treat each other well, regardless of some afterlife belief. Live here, in this world, for this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back