Is the 500 ml bottle of Iron X enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning detailing the Accord this weekend (as usual), but I would like to do a decontamination process. I have never decontaminated the paint in my 2 years of ownership. Paint is in decent shape and I would like to do my part to help it last. My plan is to wash with Dawn dish soap, dry, IRON-X, rinse, dry, clay, then apply some Meguiars Ultimate liquid wax. Said all that to say this, for those of you who have used IronX, is the 500 ML bottle enough to do the entire car? Its a 2006 Honda Accord. Thanks!

I would highly recommend not using dish soap to wash your car. That could, in theory cause more damage to your paint than just leaving it be. I would rinse the car off thoroughly, then wash with car wash soap, then rinse and dry. They do IRON-X , rinse, dry, clay, then apply Meguiars. Always have heard dish soap is terrible for paint on a car.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Agree, try a meguiars car soap.

Ok thats fine, I have plenty of high quality car soap. I just thought Dawn would do a good job stripping off the wax that is currently on the paint.

But back to the POST, anyone know if 500 ml is enough to do an entire car?

You should send an IM to the Critic..he would know the answer to that.

I disagree with the others..i wouldnt hesitate to use dishsoap if you plan on doing a complete decontamination. I would however recommend using a more durable product then meguiars and the next time you wax use megs to prevent further buildup in case the wax doesnt hold up.

Dawn didn't do a darn thing to the Collinite. I know the idea that Dawn takes off everything one two three is the conventional wisdom, but its not my experience.

I can't imagine that high-powered Iron-X won't do the trick.

Originally Posted By: gregk24

Definitely yes. I have the 500mL bottle and I only used about 1/3 of it on my WHITE car (implying I was being really anal and thorough).

It truly is a miracle product.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: gregk24

Definitely yes. I have the 500mL bottle and I only used about 1/3 of it on my WHITE car (implying I was being really anal and thorough).

It truly is a miracle product.

Ok, this is what I was looking for! Thanks for the reply

Yes, 500ml is more than enough to do one car. I think I've done 4 cars with my 1L bottle and still have about 70% left.

Here's how I use Iron-X: Wash the car and blow-off/dry 90% of the water. After spraying on the Iron-X, wait 5 minutes, then lightly agitate all of the sprayed surfaces with a slightly damp short-nap mf towel or mf sponge. After agitating, wait another 5 minutes before rinsing off. This will greatly increase the effectiveness of Iron-X.

Iron-X is really great stuff. In fact, I just ordered a 4L jug of it.
grin.gif

If you ever have any questions, talk to Corey at CarPro-US.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Yes, 500ml is more than enough to do one car. I think I've done 4 cars with my 1L bottle and still have about 70% left.

Here's how I use Iron-X: Wash the car and blow-off/dry 90% of the water. After spraying on the Iron-X, wait 5 minutes, then lightly agitate all of the sprayed surfaces with a slightly damp short-nap mf towel or mf sponge. After agitating, wait another 5 minutes before rinsing off. This will greatly increase the effectiveness of Iron-X.

grin.gif

I've been using Auto Finess Iron Out for this purpose, and just ordered a bottle of Iron X earlier in the week. I can expect roughly comparable results and coverage with this stuff, right?

--Matt

Originally Posted By: mkosem
Originally Posted By: The Critic

grin.gif

I've been using Auto Finess Iron Out for this purpose, and just ordered a bottle of Iron X earlier in the week. I can expect roughly comparable results and coverage with this stuff, right?

--Matt

I am not familiar with Iron Out beyond the info in this thread:

http://www.live2detail.com/showthread.php?5525-Carpro-iron-X-vs-Auto-Finesse-Iron-out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back