Which Air Filter Pure One Or Factory Motorcraft ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to change the air filters on my wifes Moms Grand Marquis and on my sisters Lincoln what filter is the best between purolater and oem ?

Purolator is a hit and miss, Fram air filter is usually better than Purolator. OEM at dealer is usually better than aftermarket air filter.

I tried the PureOne on my '01 back before I switched over to the Marauder air box. It's slightly oiled, so it collected a lot of dust, which was a good thing in my environment, but I changed it out sooner. The one I had was made in the US.

Fram makes excellent air filters. Even most of their oil filter bashers on here agree. I just put Napa silvers in ours the other day, made by wix. Got them for $6 a piece. But, between the two you mentioned I'd go motorcraft.

The Pure One appear to be all Chinese now. I have been using the Amsoil AE for a while now and it seems to be doing great. Cleaned it at 25K and reinstalled.
Anything after the filter is clean and showing no signs of dust or dirt when wiped with a damp cloth if that means anything.

I stopped using the OEM in my FX4 and switched to Napa Gold (No P1 for my application). My silicon levels dropped significantly when I did this.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i have to change the air filters on my wifes Moms Grand Marquis and on my sisters Lincoln what filter is the best between purolater and oem ?

You probably don't really need an air filter. Which one is cheaper?

I used to run P1's and they were fine. Made in USA and slightly oiled. I haven't been able to find P1's anymore so I have been using Motorcrafts for many years. The seem to be identical filters other than the P1 having blue media and the MC is white. Both are oiled, and both are USA. Either one is fine.

The FA-1032 I used to use had no oil. The FA-1745 I use now in the Marauder air box doesn't either.
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back