Liqui Moly Ceratec

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I suggest WS2 (Tungsten Disulphide)to replace all of the others. It is harder and slipperier than MoS2. I am not sure if it is harder than HBoron Nitride. But it is a better lubricant. Get the nano Fullerene like version. Check threads here on the material. Particularly the long one. It has sources.

I'm Seriously thinking about dropping in some Ceratec in the wife's 08 Liberty 3.7.

Her next oil change will be with MaxLife Nextgen 5w-20 and with 80k+ on the clock I think now might be a good time to try that out.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
I'm Seriously thinking about dropping in some Ceratec in the wife's 08 Liberty 3.7.

Her next oil change will be with MaxLife Nextgen 5w-20 and with 80k+ on the clock I think now might be a good time to try that out.

I'd be interested in your observations.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Can a NAPA store get this for you? Is there a NAPA part number for it?

They could not in the past when I've tried, but that was a while ago.

Maybe then can now?
21.gif

If not it looks like Amazon, and one Euro parts supply place out in Cali (forgot the name) are it.
frown.gif

I'm a fan of MOS2 and use it in my cars. Just bought a new Ford Focus ST turbo. I emailed Liqui Moly about using Ceretec in my new motor. They said yes use it and no need to wait until after fist oil change. Just read the owner's manual. It said do not use any friction modifiers until after first oil change.

Originally Posted By: dennishiip
I'm a fan of MOS2 and use it in my cars. Just bought a new Ford Focus ST turbo. I emailed Liqui Moly about using Ceretec in my new motor. They said yes use it and no need to wait until after fist oil change. Just read the owner's manual. It said do not use any friction modifiers until after first oil change.

If you do plan on adding it, I'd wait until you change the oil and do it with a fresh fill of oil. I would not add it to the factory fill.

You owners manual suggested friction modifiers can be used after the first oil change? Usually the say not to use additives of any kind, or something along those lines.

You're correct manual states "do not add friction modifier compounds or special break in oils since these additives may prevent piston ring seating". If I add Ceretec, I'll wait for at least 5k miles.

Is somebody going to put this (whether it is miracle or snake oil additive) in brand new car? Wow, he has big brass ones!

Well not "brand new" when I went big bore on my Harley I put ceratec in after around 2000 miles. I put it in my 04 Mach 4v,with 20000kms right before the speed shop drove it into the side of their building.
I also put it in my charger after the mos2 mileage testing,and I've only used ceratec in it since.
So not brand new I've used it in some very low mile motors,without much fanfare other than kicking the EPA estimated fuel consumption in everything I use it in.
I have torn apart engines using mos2 and the cams almost slipped out of my hand they were so slick so I'm looking forward to blowing up on of my ceratec engines. I wanna see what everything looks,and feels like

Originally Posted By: dennishiip
You're correct manual states "do not add friction modifier compounds or special break in oils since these additives may prevent piston ring seating". If I add Ceretec, I'll wait for at least 5k miles.

I agree with 5K too. I wouldn't put it in a new car for that the "seals" haven't set yet.

Liqui Moly techs suggested in an e-mail to go at least 10,000 miles prior to using Cera Tec (every 30,000 miles) and Lubro Moly (MoS2) during each OCI in-between.

I have a 2000 model VW Golf MK4 1.6 with very high milage, 210,000km. I put in in my car yesterday, after an engine flush, since the reviews I read here were very good. I also used Liqui Moly 5w30 oil in my engine for the first time. After turning on the engine, I immediately felt a more smooth running and quiter engine. I am curious about what it will do to my engine after 600-800km, when it is fully effective. I am very satisfied with the result, by the time being. I will inform you about my experience at the time of first oil change.

so guys, if I already have MoS2 in my M3, should I add Cera-Tec now or wait until a fresh batch of oil in the crankcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back