2007 Ford Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening folks,

My younger brother asked me today if I would accompany him on taking a look at a used Ford Fusion tomorrow, as he is in the market for a car. It's a 2007 6 cylinder model, auto tranny, with 116k miles on the clock.

Is there anything in particular to look out for while we inspect the vehicle (aside from obvious things such as oil leaks, belts, condition of fluids, hoses, etc)? I've never had any experience with Ford sedans myself, so I am unsure if we should be looking for anything in particular. Also, would anybody be willing to share their experience, if any, with this vehicle? I've shown him the reviews on Edmunds, which seem pretty decent.

Thanks!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Search this forum and Google "6F35"

You've been warned.....

the 2007 should have the Aisin Warner AWF21 trans in it.

There are not that many problems with the Fusions of that year. Occasional oil leaks on the engine. O, the inside door handles break.

RUN! I had a teacher with one, she said it was the worst car she's ever owned. The dash is completely buckling and looks like the waves of the ocean.

I would give it a shot! The Duratec 30 is a good engine and it has an Aisin transmission.

Fusions were one of the least (I don't think there were any at all) recalled cars of the times. Or was that the Five Hundred?

Some of them like to blow transmissions, especially the V6 models. And yes I am talking about the 2007 model year. Its not a plague of a problem though.

Thanks for the advice, friends! We're going to take a look at it later this afternoon. I've forwarded all of your input to my brother so he goes in with a level head and doesn't do something crazy like an impulse buy.

I owned an '06 Milan until last fall when my daughter bought it.

Absolutely the most trouble-free car we ever owned.

It has the V-6, aisin warner trans, and other than tires, brakes, and 5,000 mi. oil changes it never had any money spent on it.

It currently has approx 135,000 mi.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
I owned an '06 Milan until last fall when my daughter bought it.

Absolutely the most trouble-free car we ever owned.

It has the V-6, aisin warner trans, and other than tires, brakes, and 5,000 mi. oil changes it never had any money spent on it.

It currently has approx 135,000 mi.

^This. Except mine is an '08 and I only have 82,000 miles on it so far. We get about 22-25 mpg combined driving. Probably around 28-30 straight highway.

Well, we just got back from seeing it. The car is in decent shape. It could use a really good interior detailing and exterior wax. Small chips and dings here and there on the paint. No leaks from the engine. A/C blows cold and the tranny shifts smoothly (we did some spirited driving on the test drive). Pretty good giddy-up from the V6. The seller has only owned the vehicle since September '13. The limited maintenance history has my brother a little apprehensive about it. He is going to give it some thought.

Check out fusionforumclub. It was quite active when I had one, and it appears to be at >300K members now! Fusions are pretty solid in general -- with exception to the 6F35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back