Local Subaru parts counter gets a thumbs up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTK

When I leased my 2012 Legacy (and intended to buy it at the end), I had purchased a case of 12 Subaru blue Honeywell filters for it off of eBay for a really good price.

Fast forward a few years and I turned the Legacy in and bought an XV Crosstrek. Low and behold, the new FB20 engine oil filter is different from the EJ253's. The EJ's p/n was 15208AA12A, the new ones are 15A and are taller.

I brought the box of my 8 remaining 12A's to the parts counter, explained my situation, and they swapped them out no questions asked. Even gave me a receipt. Retail for the new ones is $6.59/ea. I got myself $52.72 worth of new filters and originally paid much less than that.

Was so giddy over this, I totally forgot about crush washers.
33.gif

Last edited:
Thumbs up for your local dealership. I would have preferred you listed them in the classifies for a discount, but I am biased. ;-)

You can reuse the crush washers a few times if necessary.

I would've done that too.. he'll move those filters easily in 1 day, nobody'll be the wiser.
Good customer service from that dealership.

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
Thumbs up for your local dealership. I would have preferred you listed them in the classifies for a discount, but I am biased. ;-)

You can reuse the crush washers a few times if necessary.

Yes! I brought them in to give to a co-worker, only to discover he needed the 15A too. Lucky break for me I guess!

That was a nice thing to do on their part.

My version: "Overnight" all the cars which use conventional oil in my family were replaced.
An Advance Auto in Connecticut (where a friend and I had purchased a lot of stuff) gladly swapped all my dino for a good synthetic which was on sale.

I don't remember the particulars, but it was good for everybody and left my head light and happy. Kira

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back