Flashpoint in F = 400
Fuel % = Antifreeze % = 0
Water % = 0
Insolubles % = 0.2
TBN = 2.6
TAN
ISO Code

They also added the below comments.

"It sounds like you're taking good care of this engine and putting quite a few miles on it every week. The good news is that the engine seems to be in pretty good shape, so you must be doing all the right things. Metals are quite low compared to universal averages, which are based on just 6,000 miles on the oil for the 1NZ-FE engine. It's impressive to see less metal despite a longer run, but that's a testament to both your engine and your careful manitenance techniques. The TBN was fine at 2.6, since 1.0 or less is low. try up to 13,000 miles next. Nice!

Very impressive!

I just bought Mobil 1 5W-30 EP at Wal-Mart, it was on sale. Used it in my Van and son's lawn mower. I did run it in my old 2001 Chevy Impala for 10,000 miles.

Tiny engine - triple those wear numbers to compare to a "normal sized" engine. So on a 3.5 V6 it would be over 20ppm on the iron - still magnificent?
Regardless. Looks fine as any decent ILSAC oil should report on a broken in (though not broken) ToYamataha engine.

I'm doing the same thing on my 1NZ-FE in my xB in my sig-up to 7500 miles on it & going for 10K. What filter did you run? I'm running an Ultra myself, curious to see how mine turns out, hopefully as good as your Yaris.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Tiny engine - triple those wear numbers to compare to a "normal sized" engine. So on a 3.5 V6 it would be over 20ppm on the iron - still magnificent?
Regardless. Looks fine as any decent ILSAC oil should report on a broken in (though not broken) ToYamataha engine.
Fe of 7 is one of the lowest I've seen on a 10K plus OCI!

After 11K miles on M1 0w-40, the 3.0 V6 in the wife's C300 showed 46 ppm of iron. The lab didn't have an issue with it. Not sure if I do either. My 530i had 21 ppm of iron after 10K miles. Low enough to not be of any concern. I wouldn't try to further qualify something as magnificent or just very good. Also, it's really the trending that matters.

jess, this looks like a good report. Silicon just slightly high, but it does not seem to be hurting anything and of course we're splitting hair.

What's the oil capacity on this engine?

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
I'm doing the same thing on my 1NZ-FE in my xB in my sig-up to 7500 miles on it & going for 10K. What filter did you run? I'm running an Ultra myself, curious to see how mine turns out, hopefully as good as your Yaris.

I ran a Purolator Synthetic (running my last stock out.....changing to Ultra due to quality issues they have had recently). I have already bought 8 Ultras at Advance with the $40 off $100 internet purchase.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
jess, this looks like a good report. Silicon just slightly high, but it does not seem to be hurting anything and of course we're splitting hair.

What's the oil capacity on this engine?

Holds 4 quarts......seems like a good amount considering only 1.5 liters.

Originally Posted By: jayg
Perfect interval, perfect choice. I wouldn't change a thing.

My plan is to work my way up to 15k OCI with Ultra filter. I average 2000 miles a week so this would be cost effective as well as less time on my garage floor.......

Not a linear comparison. A 3.5L V6 than turns 33% fewer RPM (very conservative estimate) would reduce your variable significantly. Probably the best UOA overall I have ever seen.

I would like to add some information. This oil was only in the car roughly 5 weeks and was 95% highway. This may explain the good numbers. ......

Originally Posted By: 95busa

Not a linear comparison. A 3.5L V6 than turns 33% fewer RPM (very conservative estimate) would reduce your variable significantly. Probably the best UOA overall I have ever seen.

This is a very true statement. I drove an Avalon 3.0 liter many miles and I can tell you that my Avalon ran 80 mph easily.......the Yaris sounds like its going to blow.....don't know rpm....no tach.

Originally Posted By: jess01999
I would like to add some information. This oil was only in the car roughly 5 weeks and was 95% highway. This may explain the good numbers. ......

It certainly helped.

My plan is to work my way up to 15k OCI with Ultra filter. I average 2000 miles a week so this would be cost effective as well as less time on my garage floor.......

Sounds like a good plan. Are you thinking about 12,500ish for the next UOA?

Wait ... what ? You put 10,000 miles on the car in 5 weeks ?
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: gonefishing

Sounds like a good plan. Are you thinking about 12,500ish for the next UOA?

Maybe. I am unsure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back