Stoner glass cleaner with rain repellent??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Stoner stop making this product (their trigger spray glass cleaner WITH the added rain repellent)??

I no longer see it on the shelf at Sino Mart, or anywhere else for that matter.
frown.gif

I would just clean with regular glass cleaner

zeps or whatever.

then use aquapel.

I typically clean my glass with a regular glass cleaner and then follow it up with Klasse All-in-one and it repels water for a long time.

I actually find the Rain-X washer fluid (or, the concentrate you can add to regular fluid) to be nearly as effective as the treatment. The advantage? When I used the Rain-X glass treatment my wipers would often chatter as a result. When I emailed a question to Trico an engineer replied to me stating that most glass treatments tend to cause issues with wiper blades. I can't speak about any other product than Rain-X. A quick spray of the windshield washers is all it takes to be able to drive at highway speed with the wipers off so I am a fan of the Rain-X fluid.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
The advantage? When I used the Rain-X glass treatment my wipers would often chatter as a result.

Did you raise the wipers up preventing the Rain-X solution from getting on the wipers? Then leave them up for a few minutes while the glass dries. Never had an issue doing it this way.

^Yes. Of course, the car I used it on had its original twenty year old windshield. They get pretty pitted and dinged so the chattering could have been related. I still like the washer fluid route as it is easy and produces similar results that can be renewed on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back