Fram TG or Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to me 2012 Nissan Pathfinder 4.0 V6 only has 7,400 original miles Plan is to run Formula Shell full synthetic and change it at 7k intervals. Thinking of running either factory Nissan filter or Fram TG (silver can). Should I pick one filter over the other? I can't seem to find any specifications on Nissan filters on line.

The TG is an excellent filter for the price and can easily be found at about any W/M. No trip to the dealer and probabaly cost less. Hard to beat that.

Camp,
I work for FRAM, the TG is 99% eficiency@20 microns and has capacity for 10k OCI's, great choice for your application. If you decide to go longer on the OCI, try the FRAM Ultra

I would normally say OEM Nissan but they're not special. Basic filter made in China with fiber end-cap. Not that it's a bad thing, just not worth the $8+ most dealership charge. (Maybe cheaper online). Most of the time, we recommend OEM filter to avoid any warranty headache even if it's not the fault of the filter. You know how some dealership are. However, I had the timing chain guides replace on our 07 Pathfinder at 70K and they never question the STP oil filter on it. They goodwill the repair ($2000) since I have a folder full of oil and filter receipt and a TSB about the guides. The Fram TG is a good choice for the price and available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back