F1 - 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Garak
Yep, it's still early, early enough, in fact, for Red Bull to get things in order and run away with it all again, just like last year.
wink.gif

Somehow I doubt that. People keep saying how the other teams will catch up to Mercedes with their rumored improvements, but at the same time does anyone honestly believe Mercedes isn't going to continue to find improvements of their own along the way? So the other teams might be able to close the gap somewhat, but my gut feeling is that Mercedes will still finish out this season as the dominant force. I really doubt Red Bull will find enough improvement to completely blow away Mercedes like they were doing last season.

My point was perhaps a little overstated. However, we also have to look at when teams hit the point of diminishing returns. If Mercedes got lucky and got a lot of things right early on, their improvements won't be as marked as a team who flubbed it up royally at the start.

It's about time Ferrari did something to shake things up. Their last 3 cars were only occasionally competitive because Alonso dragged them by the scruff of the neck. When you've got two drivers the caliber of Alonso and Raikkonen and struggle to finish 10th, you have to make some changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back