MRE'S and test dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm looking to restock on some MRE's. I've found some online that are reasonably priced. But the test dates on the cases are 2009 and 2011. I know they're sensitive to temperature and they might sit on the closet for a while and I can't really see the bullseye stick on the case in pictures either. Do you think they're okay or should I just shell out the extra dough for newer stock??

Buy something more appetizing that's just as shelf stable?
I'd avoid mres and first strike rations like the plague.

But I've also survived on them for months and yeah...

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Why do you want MRE's?
For those times he doesn't want to use the bathroom for a few days?..

Originally Posted By: BMWTurboDzl
Why do you want MRE's?

MRE = Meals Refusing to Exit

Originally Posted By: tradosaurus
Why do you want MRE's?

Meals requiring enemas

What's your favorite flavor? I heard they had an MRE pizza, mmmm good eating there.

Chicken and dumplings
And no, the mre pizza is in the works lol

For emergency foods, look into Mountain House packs which generally gets good reviews.
Also, online, Costco has lots to offer and such a variety.

add - and check out the Red Feather Butter (Amazon). Butter for that added flavor. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GumbyJarvis
Originally Posted By: tradosaurus
Why do you want MRE's?

Meals requiring enemas

My wife (former FTA) said that's really only a problem if fluid intake is too low. Need lots of water. She said a lot of guys would eat them dry and..... Yeah..

Last edited:
Oh you guys are a hoot!!! I keep some in the wife's car and my car incase something happens. I keep a few in the truck incase I get stranded. They came in handy this winter when my truck gelled up and stranded me. Also when my wife and I go hiking and camping we carry a few. I never really had a bad one. Then again I haven't lived on them. My buddy was in Biloxi when Katrina hit. That's all he ate for weeks. 7 years after he got out he still hates them. I love the jambalaya.

you'd be much better off with high end camping food. this is an OP by a glenn beck listening survivalist. most of his ads are gold coins and survival seeds.

I would literately drink 2 gallons of water a day when on a MRE diet. It did not help with this problem. That being said I would be happy to survive on MRE's rather than eat what is served on the Mess Decks of a LHD any-day.

Id say Ive had every MRE there is...twice x 10.

The pound cakes are delicious. The cheese spread is good. All the pastas are good. Cobbler is awesome.

The wheat snack bread is drier than a hockey puck.

But the one you hope to never see...is the breakfast. I will eat the "beef" patty cold...all congealed and gross before I even open the omelet.

As for the date... after 10 years stored at ambient temps down here, mres arent bad...juzt tasteless.

Kept refridgerated, ive eaten beefaroni that was five years older than me. Wasnt bad.

Never got constipated, I hear the gum is laxative, but I never tried it.

Brownie ftmfw!

I must have a cast iron GI tract. Mid 80's through early 90's MRE had no noticeable bad impact on me.

Haven't had one in 20 plus years. Can't say I've missed them
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back