DuraGloss Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just researched the DuraGloss line and there seems to be lots of confusion regarding their AIO products 501, 101, and 105. A net search results in a host of recommendations. It's even worse than people's perception that Zaino has too many steps.

I am interested in duplicating my Zaino system in the DuraGloss line: Clay, AIO, LSP. But, which Duragloss AIO/LSP????? Lots of people are using the 105 as the LSP instead of the 111(NO cleaners).

It seems the marine 501 is considered the strongest cleaner. There's debate about 101 vs. 105 regarding cleaning. And, there is debate about 105 vs. 111 as a LSP.

Also keep in mind their 601 product that supposedly enhances the 4 products mentioned above. They now recommend mixing the 601 1:4 with the "LSP" to allow multiple coats and give stronger/longer life. VERY similar to the Zaino ZFX system, but Zaino only has one AIO.

Last edited:
IMO, you don't need an LSP with any of them. 105 is the most mild, but even it has some cleaning ability. I've used all but 111. I like them all. 501 is probably my favorite, and I did mix with 601 (1:4) for my winter detail. For maintaining, use AquaWax monthly.

The only true LSPs would be 111 or AqauWax. All the rest have some chemical cleaners.

My understanding as well, is that 501 is their most potent AIO, but it should be topped with the 601/111 or 601/105 mix for max durability.

Even if I am not coating, there are other products that I would first reach for. But I must say, Duragloss products are extremely cheap from my wholesaler.

You can call Duragloss direct and get answers to your questions. The only products I have used are 501, 105, Aquawax, and their standard car wash. Of those mentioned I found the car wash just okay, and the others exceptional. Max paint cleaner with sealant? #501. Minumum paint cleaner with sealant? #105. Awesome spray on wipe off sealant that removes water spots and protects the surface along with super slickness? Aquawax.

I posted this in another thread:

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
105 has some chemical cleaners and protection. 101 has some polishing agents and protection. 501 has more cleaners than 105 plus protection and is part of their marine/rv segment. Aquawax is a spray sealant with no cleaners. Hard to go wrong with any of their products. Just use a few of them and see what you like. 111 you have correct.

SMR/Swirl mark remover is like 101 but has more polishing agents and leaves protection behind.

The only product from them I didn't care for was their scratch remover. Shampoo I thought was excellent for the cleaning ability, scent and sheeting action at the end. I used to get water spots when using some other shampoos from Armor All and Surf City. Also didn't care for their leather/vinyl conditioner since it smelled like cheap mens cologne and boy was it STRONG. Seemed to take months to wear off. Whew!

For you guys who are mixing the 601 with the LSP at the 1:4 ratio, how many ounces of 601 to the 105 or 111 are you using?

Wayne

Looks like everyone is wondering what/why you are asking to explain the seemingly obvious?

The total amount needed for a vehicle should be around 1.5 to 2 ounces, with 2 ounces being able to do two coats on a small car. It should go on about as light as possible.

The ratio part is self explanatory. 1 unit of 601 mixed with 4 units of lsp.

1 oz. 601 with 4 ounces lsp. = 5 ounces

0.5 oz. 601 with 2 ounces lsp. = 2.5 ounces

one teaspoon 601 with 4 teaspoons lsp. = 5 teaspoons

I have little mixing vials with caps that are super convenient. You could make your own with a prescription medicine container.
WHE-W986279NG-img.jpg

Unless you are entering in time trials, just apply the 601 first and immediately start applying the 105 or 501. It adds very little time to the overall process.

If you need *any* kind of paint correction, Duragloss makes NO worthwhile product in that space. Their scratch removal is a joke.

Contrary to Rick from Texas, I find DG car shampoo to be very good.

How many of you were able to snag a gallon of DG 501 for $12.00 at recent Amazon deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back