Black Fram filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys
I was in wm today and saw some black Frams with a rough texture on the entire can
What are these?
They were all unpackaged and just sitting on the clearance shelf
I dont think I would ever buy an unpackaged filter but for .50 cents I am sure someone will
What are these??

Originally Posted By: CHARLIEBRONSON21
Fram core probably
+1

My impression was they are not for retail sale, strictly WM TLE use filters. In this case, apparently not. Former WM Champ made ST retail line with added texture. Some/many ecore, some still classic construction.

I think the core part numbers end in "TLE", I don't recall them being textured though.

Wonder if TLE is switching to "Pro Series"?

Also if they are "CORE" they only retail for about $2.20 or so... at least something around that is what you got credited on an oil change if you asked for a retail filter.

Yes they said Core
They only had a few different ones but unwrapped and for .50 cents
I have never seen them for sale before
Maybe they were stored in the service dept like this and got moved to the sale shelf
Weird

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Maybe they were stored in the service dept like this and got moved to the sale shelf...

They were stocked in the TLE pit when I saw them...

Are these the same inside as the orange can?

No, the orange can does not use an ecore center tube design.

Not all Walmarts have TLEs. Maybe that store received some TLE filters by mistake and just decided to clearance them rather than figure out how to send them back.

Hi guys
I was in wm today and saw some black Frams with a rough texture on the entire can
What are these?
They were all unpackaged and just sitting on the clearance shelf
I dont think I would ever buy an unpackaged filter but for .50 cents I am sure someone will
What are these??

Hi,
I am the tech director at FRAM. Those filters are FRAM Ecore filters made for installation in WM bays only. The store should not be selling unpackaged filters. Can you please email me the store location? I would appreciate it. [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back