Blue Devil Rear Main Sealer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a rear main seal leak on my 2002 Honda Accord V6 and I have used ATP 205 Reseal and I really liked it.. It would seal the leak up in a few days but I had to order it on Amazon.

Well I just told about a product that is suppose to be better and that is sold at AAP or Autozone...

Blue Devil Rear Main Sealer.. Also this stuff is suppose to work even after the oil is changed. Meaning it permanently repaired...

Has anyone here tried Blue Devil Rear Main sealer ????

There are users on here who claimed it to be a very effective additive to stop leaks from seals/gaskets etc..
Personally, I believe on repairing the cause, NOT bandaging the symptoms..

I would vote for trying to better condition the seal with quality synthetic oil, or Auto-Rx (and either could take awhile) and/or HM oil.

If they failed, then I would have it fixed.

Originally Posted By: David1
I have a rear main seal leak on my 2002 Honda Accord V6 and I have used ATP 205 Reseal and I really liked it.. It would seal the leak up in a few days but I had to order it on Amazon.

Well I just told about a product that is suppose to be better and that is sold at AAP or Autozone...

Blue Devil Rear Main Sealer.. Also this stuff is suppose to work even after the oil is changed. Meaning it permanently repaired...

I have a buddy who lives across the street from me who has an old Jeep GC with a small V8. His RMS was leaking badly and he gave Blue Devil a shot about a year ago. So far so good. They offer a money back guarantee if it doesn't work so you have nothing to lose. That or a HM oil would be about the only products I would try if repairing the seal is not an option.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: David1

I have a buddy who lives across the street from me who has an old Jeep GC with a small V8. His RMS was leaking badly and he gave Blue Devil a shot about a year ago. So far so good. They offer a money back guarantee if it doesn't work so you have nothing to lose. That or a HM oil would be about the only products I would try if repairing the seal is not an option.

I do use HM Oil..... also Im not going to spend the $ to replace the RMS on a 02 Honda Accord that has 182K miles on it.... I do think its worth the $ to do that.

However the Blue Devil has stopped the leak.. I put cardboard under the engine area of the car and there is been no leaks.... So Im very impressed with this product so far.

Like I said b4 I used ATP 205 but I hated to order it via Amazon... The only problem with ATP 205 is it seemed after you changed the oil the leak would start again....

However I have been told BLUE DEVIL last a long time.

Im glad to see you know a person that it worked well with.

Tell you the truth I HATE OIL LEAKS.... Makes you drive way look terrible.. Plus if you go to a friends house its embarrassing to drip oil all over his nice drive way.

Originally Posted By: Olas
There are users on here who claimed it to be a very effective additive to stop leaks from seals/gaskets etc..
Personally, I believe on repairing the cause, NOT bandaging the symptoms..

Yea that would be best and perhaps but the car has 180K miles on it. I do not think its worth the $...

Its not like a head gasket... I have seen people try all kinds of stuff to repair a head gasket with no such luck... and yea I know blue devil has a head gasket sealer and they charge like 70$ for it.

If you had good results from a product, why gamble on something else? BTW, these are not permanent repairs, they buy you time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back