changed oil in the pt cruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to curb it's oil consumption habits. I bought a brand new mopar pcv valve and Mobil 1 0w40 European spec. Engine actually sounds quieter from what they had in it previously. If oil consumption isn't to bad I plan on using this oil regular at probably 6 month intervals how does that sound?

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
6 months? Sounds painfully short for an LL01 certified long drain oil. How many miles in 6 months?
hes only got 50k on an 11 yr old car! probly needs to double the time atleast

I bought the car with 48,000 probably ten thousand a yr miles. Maybe 12,000 but my wife does a lot of one mile here one mile there trips. That was my reason for the shorter interval.

Well, you have arguably one of the best oils in the world in the pan. I wouldn't expect it to work miracles but.....
wink.gif
It is by far my favourite choice for the M5, and I have literally 1/2 the consumption rate with it vs PU Euro 5w-40 in the same car.

M1 0w40 is a great oil. I would use it in the Uplander but I hesitate because it only sees short trips. What is the spec for that car? 5w20 or 5w30?

Good luck.

I have a friend with one. I replaced the PCV, tried Castrol 5w40, and Castrol 10w40 to try to solve the consumption of 5w30 oil.

I don't know why this engine and their 3.8L V6 often consume oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back