Delo 400 XLE 10w30 opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Ill keep an eye out. Ive noticed theyre revamping the oil section which i think is awesome.

If I owned Walmart, there'd be TWO isles of oil. AND, I'd have dividers on the shelves for each brand and viscosity so that the bottles don't slide away from their designated location.

We all suffer from some level of oil OCD...

happy2.gif

My local Wal-Mart has started carrying it, but the last I went to the oil isle, the jugs were gone, and only one quart bottle was available. Either it sold very quickly and they hadn't restocked yet, or they pulled it.....my guess is for the former.

Today I went back for unrelated items with my wife. As always, I went directly to the oil isle and as youve eluded to, of the 6-deep jugs, only two were left. One was bought by me yesterday. It seems to be selling well.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Originally Posted By: Volv04Life
Ill keep an eye out. Ive noticed theyre revamping the oil section which i think is awesome.

If I owned Walmart, there'd be TWO isles of oil. AND, I'd have dividers on the shelves for each brand and viscosity so that the bottles don't slide away from their designated location.

We all suffer from some level of oil OCD...

happy2.gif

[censored] yea!

Originally Posted By: jrustles
Delo 400 XLE?

Oh man, is it as loaded with boron as the XL?
I'd love to walk into our local walmart and grab some Delo!

Nope, nothing like it. More like an HDEO version of Havoline syn, not much to see in it. I'm sure it's good oil, but it's not loaded with goodies like the 400 LE is.

Delo 10w30 XLE UOA/VOA BITOG thread

Not solely a VOA guy myself. More into test data:

TYPICAL TEST DATA
SAE Grade 10W-30
Product Number 271220
MSDS Number 33820
Density at 15°C, kg/L 0.867

Viscosity, Kinematic :
cSt at 40°C - 81
cSt at 100°C - 11.9

Viscosity, Cold Crank, °C/Poise -25/67.3
Viscosity Index 141
Flash Point, °C(°F) 205(401)
Pour Point, °C(°F) -42(-44)
Sulfated Ash, wt % 1.0
Base Number, ASTM D2896 8.5
Phosphorus, wt % 0.11
Zinc, wt % 0.12

BTW, WM also sells the full synthetic LE version, 5w40.

Last edited:
Why a diesel HDEO? Seems like the NAPA Synthetic you're already using should be fine - even for a Turbo.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Why a diesel HDEO? Seems like the NAPA Synthetic you're already using should be fine - even for a Turbo.

Part of it is OCD...

Heck, at these oci, the QSGB is enough. The HDEO is out of my system now because it has no starburst or ILSAC cert for warranty purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back