Premature sidewall cracking, now have to get tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
After prorating and everything, the local firestone shop is putting Ecopia 422s on my car tonight for around $380. Not a great deal for having 50% tread left on the tires but still better price than I could have found doing anything else.

Unfortunately I was unable to take pics of the tires. I will try this afternoon when I get to the firestone dealer before they get ripped off.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
After prorating and everything, the local firestone shop is putting Ecopia 422s on my car tonight for around $380. Not a great deal for having 50% tread left on the tires but still better price than I could have found doing anything else.

Unfortunately I was unable to take pics of the tires. I will try this afternoon when I get to the firestone dealer before they get ripped off.

Sounds like they pro-rated it against the full retail price of the tire (as opposed to the selling price). That's such a screw.

correct. after a 50% off prorate, i only save about $100 compared to buying completely new independently from Costco. I'd rather go to firestone for tire rotations than costco, though.

Originally Posted By: badtlc
correct. after a 50% off prorate, i only save about $100 compared to buying completely new independently from Costco. I'd rather go to firestone for tire rotations than costco, though.

NAPA did the same thing to me on a battery. I don't buy batteries there anymore.

Just to update. Ended up being getting everything for $360 since 7/32" was left with a starting depth of 10/32".

I'm really liking the Ecopias so far. I might start a review thread in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back