Vehicle safety on epoxy floor when jacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
When jacking a vehicle on a single corner, how important is the surface in terms of the opposite wheels potentially slipping?

An epoxy floor is smoother than concrete so I'm wondering if it is less safe to jack on a corner.

The chocks, parking brake and transmission aren't going to stop sideways motion compared to front / back movement when lifting an end.

Probably an oily epoxy floor would present a hazard? Not a dry one or perhaps even a wet one.
I assume this is just to quickly change a tire? You're not getting under there anyways so I wouldn't worry about it. If you are messing around with brakes or suspension on a corner, use a pair of stands as you will be in danger then if the car falls off.

An epoxy floor should be smoother rolling for the jack which makes it safer. Usually the jack going through its arc tugs on the car and if the jack can't move then either the saddle slips or the rest of the car moves.

I've never had a vehicle slip sideways (or any other direction) when I've jacked it up on my epoxy coated shop floor.

Yes of course. Indeed on both opposite wheels, I have 4 wheel chocks.

But it won't stop the wheel directly opposite from slipping sideways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back