Any owners of a Nissan Versa, Versa Note or Micra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any owners of the latest Nissan Versa (the one that looks like a parrot fish), could confirm to me if your car comes with a sway bar or anti-roll bar? Preferably with a picture.

Obviously Nissan of Mexico dump the sway bar to cut on production costs, but on the press release, I remember they more or less said: "the new suspension setup doesn't need a sway bar, and the lack of it doesn't affect in any way the handling of the car."

So, if this were true, I would expect to see the same suspension setup across all markets and countries, and also across all shared platforms like the Versa Note or the Micra.

Here are some photographs that I took to a random Versa parked on the street, (I hope no one saw me) as you can see there is no sway bar but also I don't see any place where you could bolt one if you like.

aub2mu.jpg

35jgo01.jpg

ms14ia.jpg

2d8lxna.jpg

sq5893.jpg

o0uzok.jpg

Its funny you should mention that
I raised my eyebrow at the US Versa commercials mentioning "Active understeer control"

This info seems to counter this thinking? Unless they put a mega ultra super thick (#datinnuendo) sway bar in the back to counter this?

Where the experts at?

Active understeer control is probably some sort of smart thing braking an inside wheel. US market cars have to have stability control, and by association, ABS and Traction control now. With that in place I shudder to imagine economy cars using software to mimic a physically better suspension setup.

A common sway bar setup could use different struts-- easy for a different market-- that have holes for end links and the sway bar could bolt nearly anywhere on the subframe.

I got burned by this when I had a geo prism that needed rear struts so I grabbed some off a junkyard corrolla. Everyone says they're the same car but the geo had a sway bar and the 'yota didn't! And its struts didn't have provisions for the end link.
frown.gif

I expect Nissan uses different springs and damper rates for Mexico, especially if you get a different engine as well.

There's no rear swaybar on them. Twist beams generally don't have sway bars.

There are "stiffeners" ... but those don't act as a true swaybar.

Maybe the little hole in the control arm might be the mounting point?
What they did on the old base model Neon, was put on the stiffer springs from the sport model, and not put the front sway bar in.
I've run the tracker for a few weeks without the front sway connected without noticing too. Its front springs are also quite stiff compared to the rear. It did have a little more lean in the corners but nothing scary. I'm sure the front sway is mostly there to promote understeer.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan

IIRC there's too much movement in the lower CA to warrant installing a bar on that.

Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: IndyIan

IIRC there's too much movement in the lower CA to warrant installing a bar on that.

On the Tracker they add a pushrod that mounts in the hole on the control arm with a ball joint that bolts to the sway bar. The sway bar is rubber mounted as well and is a spring so a little forward or back movement isn't a problem.
Alot of cars have the sway bar out on the strut for near 1:1 movement as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back