2004 Mercury 240hp EFI Jet Boat Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just bought a 2004 Sugar Sand Mirage 18' with the 240 Mercury EFI jet engine. The manual states to use "Premium TCW3 oil". My friend who has the 210hp version of this engine "swears" by ONLY using the Mecury 2 stroke oil.

Anybody have a 2 stroke Mercury jet engine - what hp, efi or not, and what oil do you use?

Use Merc oil. premium plus semi or possibly amsoil full synthetic tcw-3 if you can afford it. I'd stick with factory oil. They pay engineers millions to test their own oil over thousands of hours. Why take a chance on inferior products.

ditto. there is no reason to use anything other than mercury/quicksilver oil. I also run premium fuel in my 2 cycle engines - including my boat.

I have access to Amsoil - I work really close to a big independent dealer in my area.

Would you guys use Amsoil over the Mercury/Quicksilver stuff?

I run amsoil HP injector oil in my 200hp Yahama outboard. you can not go wrong with either oil imo.

What ever you use, be prepared to buy a lot of it. It engine is an oil pig, and your passengers will smell like two-stoke after a ride...

use whatever you want... I like RP myself but would use amsoil too... pZ blend gets alot of use around here, good price at AAP, no bad reports... Find a good price and buy in bulk...
walmart a good bet for merc stuff if you choose.
I stay away from the merc/yam/rude branded oils... Already got hosed once for buying engine... gotta spread the wealth around...

Ok Ive decided to go with Amsoil... but which product would I use? They sell a 2 stroke TCW3 oil called "Interceptor" and one called "HP Marine". They also have another one but it says its not for oil injection.

I would say the HP Marine is what you want to use. believe that replaced the HP injector oil. if you are unsure of which is best for your needs you can shoot Pablo ( member here ) a message to see what the difference is between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back